Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
fixer

Re: Toy fair news

Post by fixer »

motorman wrote:
fixer wrote:aahh mate so sorry for you :( :(
Reg you know what tickles my fancy so if you see any prepro Javelins for 50p please remember your wee scottish pal!!........pretty please!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: that's me wide eyed for ya
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

fixer wrote:
motorman wrote:
fixer wrote:aahh mate so sorry for you :( :(
Reg you know what tickles my fancy so if you see any prepro Javelins for 50p please remember your wee scottish pal!!........pretty please!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: that's me wide eyed for ya
Good lad....I expect a result and remember i will gladly double your money!! ;)
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi all just got back from Sandown a big waste of time for me didn't manage to buy a single thing, seemed to be quite a lot of matchbox there but nothing for me. The toy fairs seem to be getting very poor for me but I did manage to pick a couple of models up from two of our members. Never seen so many early entry buyers in my life. Getting a lot of modern die cast in there now, still quite a few empty tables Pete
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Same as Pete, just got back and all I seem to see is overpriced Matchbox. I think Sandown Park in French means Double your prices lol.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

The best bit was meeting up and having a natter.
Bob
fixer

Post by fixer »

Yes it was good to meet a few new faces, and some old ones
I managed a few bits but as the others have said not a lot even lone stars were thin on the ground
reg
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi all for got to mention there was ten auction houses there giving out their booklets & trying to drum up some trade. Also noticed a couple of big dealers from ebay but their prices were well over the top Pete
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Yeah I noticed that Pete, they do ebay and should know that prices are stagnant on the more common models but are still asking top dollar, cant work that one out ? if something is selling for say £30 on ebay then they should be happy to be selling it for £30 and not up the price to say £40 just because the table prices are high. That's all well and good when things are moving, but there not at present so they should be happy with the sale. My attitude is always, make a few quid and move it on, rather than keep stalling it out time and time again.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

I agree. Some of those tables have had the same stock on for years!
By the same token, however, some E-Bay sellers have had the same stuff cycling round week on week for ever and a day because it's vastly overpriced.
Bob
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Guys, it was great meeting the forum members, I have at least one picture to post here soon and hopefully Marcel ("Matchboxmarcel"), will post his pictures here also.

I went there with no real expectations as I am not buying anything of significance these Days for my collection, but had to push the boat out with one exception, a #69c 'Drop-Top' Rolls-Royce in Gold, with a Tan baseplate, a real beauty and when the pictures are done I will show it in the appropiate threads.

GHOSTHUNTER.