#33 Lamborghini Miura Light lime gold

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
nearlymint

#33 Lamborghini Miura Light lime gold

Post by nearlymint »

Picked up this middle model recently, I had given up trying to find one of these as the colour is so hard to tell for me.
Its the later Light lime gold same as the bottom one, but with the standard small arch body with narrow wheels same as the top one. Trying to photograph the difference is even harder.(think you can just tell)code 20 Nicks list
Probably are all over the place but trying to match the colours has been very difficult.
Attachments
33 Miura
33 Miura
33lam.jpg (123.68 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
nickjones
Site Admin

Re: #33 Lamborghini Miura Light lime gold

Post by nickjones »

Nice find Jason, I only recently added this one to my collection.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Best way to match colours objectively is to show this Muira beside a real lime gold SF69 Rolls.I have seen lighter than standard golds before but never a true lime gold Muira and the photos shown so far do not prove lime gold at all........
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Real lime gold as on the SF69 is this not the same as all wide arch SF33 models, all my wide arch miura are a different colour from the rest. J
Nearlymint
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Been checking through the pictures here for the SF33 and the SF69.Can any one tell me if the SF33 Miura lime gold a different colour from the SF69 lime gold?
I only have a couple of the SF69 and I am assuming that these must be a standard gold or is the SF33 Miura not in Lime gold at all.
Now very confused as the SF33 listing only has the wide wheel version listing as Lime gold.J
Nearlymint
motorman

Post by motorman »

nearlymint wrote:Been checking through the pictures here for the SF33 and the SF69.Can any one tell me if the SF33 Miura lime gold a different colour from the SF69 lime gold?
I only have a couple of the SF69 and I am assuming that these must be a standard gold or is the SF33 Miura not in Lime gold at all.
Now very confused as the SF33 listing only has the wide wheel version listing as Lime gold.J
Jason,

My understanding was that lime gold Muira's were all wide wheel 10 x 4 variants as this paint finish occurred later on in the production process, post 72 and by then the models body casting had the revised widened rear wheel arch to allow for the wide wheels......just my thoughts.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Thanks MM,
Ok that sounds logical, I have added a picture with the middle model being the one I posted earlier. As you can see the line of middle models are all very similar, the outer 2 models being the early SF33 gold models.
I think now I need to get a few more gold SF69 models for comparison. J
Attachments
Gold
Gold
gold.jpg (151.33 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Nearlymint
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

I can see we have 3 models described as lime gold in the listings, the well known SF69c, the Land Rover Safari and finally the wide wheels Muiras which when compared to the obviously lime gold Roller & Rover are clearly yellow gold not lime gold -listings need to be corrected, light gold would be a more accurate description that wouldnt cause confusion with genuinely lime gold models.I have never seen the SF12c shade of lime gold used on any SF12d Setras although the normal gold candycoat shade does cross over
mbox75

Post by mbox75 »

Hi Everyone
here my diffrend light gold Colors.Cheers Mathias.

SITE ADMIN WARNING: ANY PRE-PRODUCTION MODELS PICTURED IN THIS POST BY MBOX75 MAY BE FAKES!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

1971, U.S. CARDS - Gold and Lime.jpg
1971, U.S. CARDS - Gold and Lime.jpg (105.74 KiB) Viewed 879 times
Here are examples of 69c in Gold and Lime. The term Lime for the Rolls-Royce is not strictly speaking a proper Lime colour, but is used to differntiate it from the Gold models.

Please left click on the image for fullscreen.

Regards,
GHOSTHUNTER.