56A BPW BP VISCO STATIC

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
Tinman

Re: 56A BPW BP VISCO STATIC

Post by Tinman »

Taniwha wrote:My money is on a vanishing troll Joe...
Gavin, scmcollection has certainly played out his/her posts and comments the same way a troll does. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
scmcollection

Post by scmcollection »

I have a genuine concern about the state of this hobby in 2014, I see that some of you are sensible and rational though others are making me listen to Matthew 7:6. What is the point of telling you facts if all you come back with is sarcasm and pseudo wit?

The first point brought to the fore that I feel deserves a response is the fact that I can tell you the project undertaken using leftover unused decals that were in perfectly useable condition, it seems to be a dilemma here as to if the decals were still functional, they were & still are (Ask Ralph from Fallingbostel).

Secondly, the models were for offered for sale at prohibitively inflated prices & they were never intended to be sold (to be crystal clear none ever changed hands for money), they were shown at 2 British toy fairs and the idea was to bait the fakers into making facsimiles of them. It was done with some Superfast and regular wheels models & it was done with variations that categorically were known not to exist but were theoretically possible, for example 46-B in green with 2 line decals, 56-A with Visco-Static decals, 73-B with 52 decals, 5-D with News of the World decals, 44-A DUKW with USA star from 49-A, 13-D with BP shield decal from the 32-C, 5-B Dewars & many others, all plausible but none of which were ever made by Lesney though interestingly all do exist only in mint condition.

Lastly, I feel it’s worth mentioning the Muir Hill 2-C as more confusion & incorrect facts are quoted above. Alan Lee found the still sealed box of 72 at auction, it was marked “Special” so clearly its contents were known to be different from the norm by someone. The Muir Hill dumper was known amongst collectors in the north of England back in the late 1960s early 1970s prior to Alan Lees sealed case discovery. Some of which came into collectors hands via a Muir Hill rep, one of those collectors (based not far from Halifax) still has the business card of the sales rep that gave it to him, he had saved it with the toy for posterity.

That’s all for now.
fixer

Post by fixer »

here we go again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

I know Reg he's like an old record played over and over again.......time for bed.!!!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Taniwha

Post by Taniwha »

I lost money on the Melbourne Cup last week, now this! I'm going to have to give away the gambling lark...

Cheers,
Gavin
Faceless Bureaucrats have feelings too...
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

motorman wrote:I know Reg he's like an old record played over and over again.......time for bed.!!!!
Yes he does!

scm, nice of you to touch on some of the minor points of the comments. However, you've failed to address the major points I put forward. I'm not interested in going further in this discussion until you provide all the information you promised and that we've requested.

I can't think of any responsible collectors who would create such models and publicly offer them for sale. I can think of several well known fakers who would do such a thing. If such an experiment was done, then I would expect an article in one of the club magazines or news letters to soon follow making the results public and that never happened.

What we have here is a whole bunch of "trash talk" spread over a few different posts. You can start by identifying yourself, then name all the parties involved and give us all the specific details ... or crawl back under the rock you came from. You can bet we will be checking up on any "facts" you do post.

Please prove me wrong on all my conclusions about you and your trash talk. The investigation into you and your motives has so far been very enlightening. If you take another seven months to respond, this topic will be beyond resurrection.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Tinman wrote:If such an experiment was done, then I would expect an article in one of the club magazines or news letters to soon follow making the results public and that never happened.
Good point.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

scmcollection wrote:I have a genuine concern about the state of this hobby in 2014, I see that some of you are sensible and rational though others are making me listen to Matthew 7:6. What is the point of telling you facts if all you come back with is sarcasm and pseudo wit?
I have a genuine concern about you and your motives. Listen to or read whatever you want, but please leave comments about that book for faith based forums. So far, you have presented NO FACTS and nothing that can be verified. Regardless, in several months old posts, you keep insisting that you will provide the facts and names (although you do indicate you will refuse to give some of the most important names, including your own).

Which brings me to my main question: What is the point of resurrecting this thread unless you are going to do what you originally said you would do. And, make no mistake about, you have to provide all the names of all the people involved. Anything less makes you nothing more than a story teller of old rumor and folklore.

If what you say is true, you and your alleged friends have dealt the collecting community a harsh blow by launching these fakes and creating a foundation for fakers and fraudsters to build on over the years. If true, this is one of the most sinister plots hatched which has casued much damage to the hobby and cost collectors tens of thousands of dollars(if not more). If your story is true, it has to be one of the most irresponsible and sinister things I can imagine for the hobby.

Here is one fact for you: scmcollection is as guilty as his friends in this evil plot that has caused so much damage and cost so many their hard earned money. If your story is true, waiting decades to make it public also makes you part of the cover-up and even more complicit in this alleged plot.
scmcollection wrote: The first point brought to the fore that I feel deserves a response is the fact that I can tell you the project undertaken using leftover unused decals that were in perfectly useable condition, it seems to be a dilemma here as to if the decals were still functional, they were & still are (Ask Ralph from Fallingbostel).
Nice to know you and Ralph are still using those old decals and still cranking out fakes.
scmcollection wrote: Secondly, the models were for offered for sale at prohibitively inflated prices & they were never intended to be sold (to be crystal clear none ever changed hands for money),
You mean like the prices Harvey asks on his ebay auctions! Those models are for sale and they do sell. You are obviously directly involved in this decal fakery if you know exactly which models and decals were used and how many did or didn't sell. I can't think of any responsible collectors who would do such a thing, I can think of plenty of fakers and fraudsters who not only do this sort of thing but profit from these fakes all the time.
scmcollection wrote: Lastly, I feel it’s worth mentioning the Muir Hill 2-C as more confusion & incorrect facts are quoted above. Alan Lee found the still sealed box of 72 at auction, it was marked “Special” so clearly its contents were known to be different from the norm by someone. The Muir Hill dumper was known amongst collectors in the north of England back in the late 1960s early 1970s prior to Alan Lees sealed case discovery. Some of which came into collectors hands via a Muir Hill rep, one of those collectors (based not far from Halifax) still has the business card of the sales rep that gave it to him, he had saved it with the toy for posterity.
That first case you mention was an "attic find" and only confirms the info I reported. As to how many trickled out to collectors before the first case showed up, who knows, but I'm sure a few did. So your rehash of the 2c Muir Hill brings nothing new to the fray and is worthless for your defense.

Put up or shut up! Even if you do, it's no redemption for your crime.