Old store stock found in attic.

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
durangokid

Re: Old store stock found in attic.

Post by durangokid »

Absolutely stunning -- what a FIND ! :shock:

The Dealer must have carried quite the stock! I wonder what happened to the Dealer Displays?? :?:

Bill
DurangoKid
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

As I am quite a big collector of dealer displays that was the 1st thing I asked.
Dave, the owner, replied that the displays are no longer there.
However the invoices and some other old paperwork still is.

Dave seems no longer be posting in th tread on the mcch where he 1st sought contact with the collectors with the question what to do with the collection.
I hope he does not bring it to a small local USA auctionhouse as suggested by one of the members. If such an auctionhouse hasn't got a live internet bidding aswell, the collection may be sold at a fraction.
In the other tread there have been very serious offers from big collectors but I see no reply in that tread from Dave. It is not possible to sent him a pm there as he didn't click that function in his profile.
I have posted a new reply there this morning and asked if he could lave a post again in the tread.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
Dr Jazz

Post by Dr Jazz »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o WTF...... that is fantastic!!
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi all what an incredible find its going to be a big lot for any dealer or collector to fund, lets hope some blue Moggies turn up Its a model I have been after for many years. I was in the Canaries last week & spotted it on the ipad before going into lunch. I think it will be a difficult lot to get rid of, I don't think it will kill the market as there are still 1000s of collectors who would like to get their hands on a few bits As well for the prices its anybody's guess Pete
matchbox_n_molars

Post by matchbox_n_molars »

I was talking with one of the dealers at the toy show in Dayton, Ohio on Sunday morning. He mentioned this story to me and I had been unaware prior to that. I'm glad you posted the photos here NIck. Thank you for that. And yes, this stockpile was every bit as overwhelming as he stated it to be.
I wonder how vintage toy dealers even go about putting together an offer on a group like this. Do they calculate what they feel the market value is and cut it in half? Less than half? Think of the work you'd put into selling a bunch like this. Granted, it would be fun work but work nonetheless.
Greg in Cincinnati
Superfast77

Post by Superfast77 »

The only thing we find in our attics in Aus are redbacks, possums and old crushed up cans of beer...

Jason (aka Aussie Jason)
fixer

Post by fixer »

You can have rolf back and send us the beers :D
reg
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

I as well do not see any of these newly discovered items effecting the prices on our Lesney toys at all. The world wide market for such Mint Toys is so large, they will be bought up very quickly.
These models will not be hard to sell as a lot, but I am convinced the owners will split them several ways when they start receiving offers on partial lot purchases from those of us who would be very interested in a given group of models. It would be foolish to expect a fair offer on Yesteryear Models from an early regular wheel collector, and logically the reverse is true. The interest in these models will generate worldwide live offers for them that will be much greater than any auction house can guarantee selling them for, so I will wait for updates as to how they may eventually be offered for sale......kwakers :o :shock: :o :o :shock:
radar

Post by radar »

What would YOU pay?

About 1000 RW and couple of 100 Yesteryears.
I wondered if I could get the LOT for

$90 k AUD
$78 k.Usd
63 k Euro
50 k GBP

Would I do it?

What do others think?
motorman

Post by motorman »

radar wrote:What would YOU pay?

About 1000 RW and couple of 100 Yesteryears.
I wondered if I could get the LOT for

$90 k AUD
$78 k.Usd
63 k Euro
50 k GBP

Would I do it?

What do others think?
If i was a lottery winner i would offer a lot more than that to get this shop fresh unopened boxed collection, a lot more............it's a one off!!....IMHO
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"