Old store stock found in attic.

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
nickjones
Site Admin

Old store stock found in attic.

Post by nickjones »

These were found in an attic in Massachusetts USA. (please try not to get drool on your keyboard)
https://plus.google.com/photos/11320112 ... uT2lY2VjQE
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
Idris
Site Admin

Re: Old store stock found in attic.

Post by Idris »

Unbelievable! )The only problem with a find like this is how do you sell what you've found without destroying the market for those particular models?)
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

What an amazing find. All attics will give up their secrets one day and it makes you wonder what collections are stashed away and are yet to be rediscovered.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
hydra427

Post by hydra427 »

Sitting on a small fortune. I see the value of my blue Morris about to go down hill. His he planning on selling?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for looking, John
"For everyone you pass up, your always one behind"
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Have to say if I'd found this lot, I'd have kept VERY quiet. Best to trickle them onto the market over time. Now this lot's in the public domain, the value will fall a lot.
Bob
mcnair55

Post by mcnair55 »

There are very big rumours there are large numbers of mint Dinky stored in old peoples attics in Liverpool.
Support UKIP in May 2015...Out of Angie,s club for good
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

WOW - 66 mib blue 46a and plenty of the reddest 32a as well - an amazing haul -wonder if there are any red 53a lurking in any of those boxes??? No 22 or 27 which goes to show how popular they were compared to some other models left in stock here.........
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

This was the text going with the link to the photos when posted on the MCCH:

I’m one of the trustees of a historic mill in Massachusetts, in the early 1960’s the late owner of the mill sold and distributed Matchbox cars until his store was torn down to make way for Interstate 95. When he closed the store, he packed his leftover stock in the attic. We would like to sell this leftover stock to raise money to restore the mill. We are wondering what is the best way to do this? We don’t have the expertise to sell the cars online and we would like to get a fair price. We have no idea of who we can trust in this market.

In addition to the cars, we have the Fred Bronner invoices, corresponded letters, and catalogs. For an idea of the scope of the collection, here are pictures of one of the invoices and just one of several boxes of cars.

Marcel: these are not mine, this text is copied from a posting on the MCCH and did come with the posting of the photos.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Vectis is their best bet. I don't see this reducing the value of existing models. It's the value of models already prized that will make these sell well.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
mike

Post by mike »

I wish that in my attic.
it would be like in the matchbox-heaven. :P :D
Mike & Nico from Austria.