Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
misterpop

Re: Toy fair news

Post by misterpop »

Reebok Bolton for me this Sunday although its got a new name......Cant keep up with this football transfer stuff....
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

motorman wrote:The biggest swap meet in Scotland (SCOTMODEL 2014) takes place at Graeme High School, Callendar Rd, Falkirk, FK1 1SY, on Sunday 02/11/2014, from 11.00 am until 16.00 pm (No Earlybird entry) Last year it cost £3 to get in...if i recall correctly. There will be 3 halls and approx 150-200 tables. I will be there and if you dare cross over the wall for a nosey please tap me on the shoulder.....i wont bite.......unless you are Bulgarian ;)
Alex, nothing comes up when I Google SCOTMODEL 2014, nothing for 'toy fairs in Scotland' and nothing for 'model shows in Scotland'. Can you check the details you have, as I see it is this coming Weekend and I want to be sure it is on before I travel all that way, thanks.

Ghosty.
fixer

Post by fixer »

Ghosty if you google "toy fairs" it brings up several sites look for the collectors club (think this is the diecast collector site) and there's a list of upcoming dates it's on there
reg
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

John
There's nothing regular about wheels
shockwavediecast

Post by shockwavediecast »

Just a reminder that this weekend is also Bulldog Fairs event at Exeter Westpoint Arena. It'll be my first time there, but I'll have a lot of 1/64 scale models and just picked up two fab 1970's Toyworks garages, one still with box. Should also have a shelf or two of tinplate toys too.
If your going, just look out for the ginger one!!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

fixer wrote:Ghosty if you google "toy fairs" it brings up several sites look for the collectors club (think this is the diecast collector site) and there's a list of upcoming dates it's on there
Thanks Guys, wonder why it is not on my ususal toy fair listing and I am registered with the 'Collectors Club of GB' site but I do not use it for toy fair dates , I normally use...'UK Model Shops'...a really good site for all things model car and train based interests, including a very comprehensive events listing, ah well, you live-n-learn... :lol:

Ghosty.
fixer

Post by fixer »

I've got to work in Sheffield Sunday if time/finances allow I may take a run over to Bolton before heading home
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

Ghosty, the Scotmodel 2014 event may be the biggest annual swap meet in Scotland but it is still very small in comparison to some of the meets down south. There is also no early bird entry!!!

I would think carefully of it is worth your while spending £10000 on petrol to get you up here in that roller mate, when the pickings are likely to be poor. Just a thought. :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

Ghosty
Don't believe Alex. He just wants to keep all of the goodies he finds at Scotmodel for himself,
Seriously. I have been to the fair at Falkirk on many occasions and I have yet to come home empty handed, I found a 30c Crane without the rear brace and a Class Combine Harvester without the hole in the base on the same day. Not to mention I also had the pleasure of meeting Alex there too.
But I would have to think twice about whether it is worth a 450 mile drive each way just to go there.
And talking of Alex, I do believe it was Falkirk where he got his Miura with towguide for £1.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank you Alex and Nick for your comments. The decision on the 'SCOTMODEL 2014' event may have been made for me. I clearly told Father about this some time ago, but now it is this Weekend, he is not so keen on me going and leaving him alone for the Weekend. This is understandable (and I half expected it), because with his condition he is the same everytime we have a Doctor's appointment, a week before we have to go, he is fine, come the morning of the appointment, he is a changed Man and it is very difficult getting him to get ready and leave the house, he just no longer likes going out for such things.

I imagine during Saturday (my intended journey's start), he will be very quiet and almost in tears, it happened a while back when I was going away for the Weekend to a toy fair somewhere and I almost cancelled it.

So I think it will be a no-go on this occasion, I don't think he will cheer up between now and Saturday dinnertime.

It is just fortunate that we met at the NEC event Alex, so not all has been lost and as you mention, it may be a bit expensive on fuel.

I will post the outcome during this Saturday itself, as to weather I will get to 'SCOTMODEL', but as I type this, I think I already know the answer and I really don't want to upset Father any more than what he is suffering with anyway.

Kevin.