Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
nickjones
Site Admin

Re: Toy fair news

Post by nickjones »

DSCF9026.JPG
DSCF9026.JPG (388.13 KiB) Viewed 480 times
Little and large ?.
You're not wrong there Alex lol.
Reg is very handy to have around, He can reach right to the back of the dealers tables where I can barely reach halfway.
I was up at 6.15, on the road by 6.45, Got to the Brentwood toyfair at 7.50 for early entry and just in time to see the sun come up.
My first purchase was a Lamborghini Marzal in dayglo pink, It was mint and I paid £10 but its probably not as rare as I thought it was because I saw 4 more all of them cheaper. Then I got a Armoured car which I thought had a baseplate like Antonins one so for £2 I bought it. also got a mercedes truck & trailer in military green for 20p each.
Next came a group 6 with pink base and a jeep hot rod in pink with white base.
Then I found a 5c routemaster with tiny 8x18 BP wheels like Tim found a while back.
Then I had a chat with Graham (rockertron) and his son and soon after Reg joined in too.
Reg had brought a SF miura with towguide which I traded for a lone star firenza that I had brought with me, Reg also gave me a metallic mauve road dragster with scorpion decals, We then parted but Reg and I agreed to meet up later for a coffee in the canteen.
Next find was 3 buildings from the corgi gift set for £5, I already had the box and 3 wagons plus a shop display header so I could not leave them.
I then got a RW kennel truck in mint which I already had a box for at home.
Next was a yesteryear silver ghost in very rough shape that I bought for the grey tires that I needed and a repainted morestone vw beetle that I need for a custom project,
I then found a blue and a white 'police' pair of lone star vw vans, I looked at them and they were very near perfect, I stood by the stall waiting for the dealer to serve two other customers who were asking prices on stuff, everything was £40 so I never bothered asking the price of the vw's.
Soon after I met up with Reg again and we went for a coffee and showed off our purchases.
Yes you know whats coming don't you, Reg proudly pulled a pair of vw vans out of his bag, one blue and one white 'police' which he got for £10 each. Grrrrr..........
So we finished our coffee and decided to walk around again, It was 10.00 and the public were just coming in.
Soon after we met up with Tim and his son and had a brief chat.
My next find was a Ponitac convertible in metallic purple with a really good windscreen for £10 which I thought was a bargain.
Then I found a pair of benbros chevrolet station wagons in rare colours for £5 each.
Reg then found a box under a table with four armoured cars in it, (I had been searching for another armoured car without and luck) I pulled them out to check the baseplates and they were all the same as the one I had bought, Grrrr....
I thought I was done for the day but I then came across a corgi la france fire engine for £10, a model I had always loved so I had to buy it.
The last find was a very playworn SF pipe truck in orange, when I looked to see what colour the base was it was silver, I got Reg to check it and he agreed it was silver which is not listed.
That was me and Reg done for the day so we walked to the car park and said our goodbyes, I think I can speak for both of us when I say we had a good day.
So I get home and decide to clean my purchases, happy with all of them except the armoured car, but I washed it anyway, Then I noticed the baseplate was painted on both sides. a variation I never had!. woohoo.
oops, missed one, I got a minix thames panel van in dark blue for £2, my first (legal) road vehicle was a dark blue thames panel van.
Attachments
DSCF9022.JPG
DSCF9022.JPG (384.24 KiB) Viewed 480 times
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
motorman

Post by motorman »

nickjones wrote:
DSCF9026.JPG
Little and large ?.
You're not wrong there Alex lol.
The last find was a very playworn SF pipe truck in orange, when I looked to see what colour the base was it was silver, I got Reg to check it and he agreed it was silver which is not listed.
Looks like you and Reg had a great day, Lots of very nice purchases. With regards the SF#10. when you refer to the base being silver i assume that you mean Chrome and if so this is a standard common base with the orange body. Nicks code 9 or 10.
Last edited by motorman on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
fixer

Post by fixer »

yes it was a good day at the office for the twins (Arnold & Danny not Ronnie & Reggie) first a BIG THANK YOU to Nick for the Firenza and for not buying the two VWs
a very large hole filled by that little car and who can resist a nice split screen
Timmy a pleasure as always and I hope you put those barrels to good use
I also managed to pick up a few bits and bobs which i'll put in the look what I got thread
Attachments
007 (800x450).jpg
007 (800x450).jpg (205.09 KiB) Viewed 475 times
006 (800x450).jpg
006 (800x450).jpg (216.99 KiB) Viewed 475 times
004 (800x450).jpg
004 (800x450).jpg (235.59 KiB) Viewed 475 times
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

Reg is there any chance of getting an image of all your Firenza's in a line up together, I just love this casting, it looks superb..............I get a feeling that there will still be a vacant space for one Firenza you dont have...............are you reading this ghosty!!
MOTORMAN

motorman

Post by motorman »

Reg i love the Lone star VW's! i bid on a couple of mint boxed examples in an local auction last year and missed out.....they went for good money, (that said they were mint models in mint boxes), i love these vans they look superb on display, well done!
MOTORMAN

fixer

Post by fixer »

motorman wrote:Reg is there any chance of getting an image of all your Firenza's in a line up together, I just love this casting, it looks superb..............I get a feeling that there will still be a vacant space for one Firenza you dont have...............are you reading this ghosty!!
that is ALL of my Firenzas :lol: :lol: :lol:
reg
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

Hi Alex.
The SF 10 pipe truck has what looks like a silver plastic base, I have a chromed base version but not a grey base so I can't compare it to a grey one. Reg saw it and thought it looked like was silver too. at least it did at the toyfair under the sports hall lights.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
motorman

Post by motorman »

fixer wrote:
motorman wrote:Reg is there any chance of getting an image of all your Firenza's in a line up together, I just love this casting, it looks superb..............I get a feeling that there will still be a vacant space for one Firenza you dont have...............are you reading this ghosty!!
that is ALL of my Firenzas :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's see some images of the whole collection Reg!!
MOTORMAN

fixer

Post by fixer »

I think we should have double checked it outside Nick but I still think it looked silver
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

fixer wrote:I think we should have double checked it outside Nick but I still think it looked silver
Do you mean chrome as opposed to grey? This silver description is very confusing????
MOTORMAN