New scores

A place to show your latest finds
fintail

Re: New scores

Post by fintail »

Nicky Toys, that's the one I couldn't recall. Maybe a couple more to add to my list. Thanks.

SMS88 wrote:
fintail wrote:Is the Dinky 186 fintail a repaint or a variant from another market? I'm only familiar with that one in blue (as I have a real car that's a virtual twin).
Its a pale blue one that has been brush painted.Dinky also made it in RAF grey and then Nicky toys of India had the tooling and made it in a rainbow of colours!

Timpo swappits are still loads of fun although guns,hats and other hand held parts are always in short supply.The 2 colour moulded vests are very well done.............
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Toyfair last sunday was rather low key with grumbling sellers, a small turnout (toy prices are falling here as collector base rapidly ages and dies off!) and no very rare gems that I could see! However all these were cheap,and I am particularly delighted with the Schuco Granada and the uncommon colour Husky Jaguar MkX. Of the 4 decent #9 Merryweathers in the room, 3 were late issues & had fine tread bpw with 18 rung ladders - 2 are certainly King Size darker red,the 3rd needs a comparison test in daylight with a standard 17 rung ladder issue in normal red. This pair are for Kwakers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Yesterday we had what was one of 4 annual very big indoor flea markets and I was delighted to see the sort of quality htf vintage diecast that hadnt been available or affordable at last weekend´s toyfair - i came home with this lot, although the Pilen Volvo 66 (remember them??) is in fact from last weekend´s toyfair but got missed out of the photo......
Star item is the Juniors Dyane which has been screwed together -it appears to be a Corgi sales sample and did come from the man who bought all of the stock and samples held by Corgi´s Denmark rep about 15 years ago altho he cant remember whether or not this car was part of that lot.I have seen this on his table for at least 2 years now, price has tumbled from £5 to £1 I paid today - Had I bothered to look at the baseplate prior to today I would have snapped it up long ago -sometimes I get the feeling cars are slipping through cracks in time waiting for me to find them under the noses of other collectors :) .
Nice to have a 2nd c9.5 white hydro sleeve #6b -this could be a good candidate for Nick´s new auction section if kwakers doesnt want it......... Politoys Disney McScrooge car is the other high value item in this lot

Uploaded with ImageShack.us