Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
motorman

Re: Toy fair news

Post by motorman »

I need to use that Road roller on some Bulgarian issues!!!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

:o :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Two toy fairs in the U.K. over this Weekend, 18th and 19th October.

The first one on Saturday, is at the Exeter Hall, Oxford Road, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 1AB.
The second one on the Sunday, is at The Centre, Spirit Conferencing, Farnham Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4UT.

I have been to both and enjoyed both, but not sure which one I will be at this time. My connection to the Maidenhead Model Club should put me into the Slough event, will decide during the Saturday.

GHOSTHUNTER.
motorman

Post by motorman »

The biggest swap meet in Scotland (SCOTMODEL 2014) takes place at Graeme High School, Callendar Rd, Falkirk, FK1 1SY, on Sunday 02/11/2014, from 11.00 am until 16.00 pm (No Earlybird entry) Last year it cost £3 to get in...if i recall correctly. There will be 3 halls and approx 150-200 tables. I will be there and if you dare cross over the wall for a nosey please tap me on the shoulder.....i wont bite.......unless you are Bulgarian ;)
MOTORMAN

StephenK

Post by StephenK »

It's the Reading vintage toy fair this Sunday coming (26th October) and I'll be there plying my trade with approx. 250 boxed Matchbox 75 series to flog. This is the first time I will will have attended, as either a buyer or seller, so will be interested to see if the pre-1985 cut off makes any difference to the make up of the clientele. Probably just means the average goes up another 10 years!
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi Stephenk would partictalar models & boxes are you taking with you to Reading on Sunday. It is a toy fair I have been to a few times, I have always found out that it is normally trains Pete
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

"StephenK" has mentioned the Reading Vintage toy fair this coming Sunday (Sunday 26th October), an event I have been to before and quite enjoyable, because of the cut-off point for items to be sold (something like 1982 I think), there are more chances to get those old beaters cheaply and sometimes the nice displayable models turn up.

I should be going to this event and if "Petethesweet1" is there, I'll ware my "GHOSTHUNTER" badge!

Can not give you a time frame when I'll be there, but I have some business with at least one stall holder, but apart from that I'm anybody's, do what you want with me for the rest of the Day...!!

Ghosty.
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Got up this morning with nothing to do so decided to take a trip over Essex way to see if I could buy anything. While walking around I bumped into Ron & Reg the two notorious Essex Boys, I had to be on my best behaviour as you don't mess with these boys. After a bit of banter Reg pulled something out of his pocket and let me have both Barrels (well 3 really) while the othere one who is known here as the Leader looked on. Well im home now safe and sound after my hair raising experience with nothing to show but some soft cuddly toys that my 8 year old wanted but it was still nice to see Ron aka Nick and Reg aka Reg lol.
motorman

Post by motorman »

tjlglass wrote:Got up this morning with nothing to do so decided to take a trip over Essex way to see if I could buy anything. While walking around I bumped into Ron & Reg the two notorious Essex Boys, I had to be on my best behaviour as you don't mess with these boys. After a bit of banter Reg pulled something out of his pocket and let me have both Barrels (well 3 really) while the othere one who is known here as the Leader looked on. Well im home now safe and sound after my hair raising experience with nothing to show but some soft cuddly toys that my 8 year old wanted but it was still nice to see Ron aka Nick and Reg aka Reg lol.
Ron and Reg?........more like little and large!!!!!
MOTORMAN

tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Pmsl Alex