Show us your toy room!

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
SMS88

Re: Show us your toy room!

Post by SMS88 »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:That is a collection to be very proud of and I know it is just a section of a much bigger collection Mick has aquired that includes so many other model makes. It looks like some extra cabinet space is required very soon...!

Ghosty.
:mrgreen: thats one of 3 displays housing my 600+ 1-75 collection divided logically into pre 1965,post 1970 and this one above here. I actually need to stop buying more,there arent so many significant variations still needed for 1966-69 thankfully ........
mbox75

Post by mbox75 »

Hi Everyone

more Superfasts.

Cheers Mathias
SITE ADMIN WARNING: ANY PRE-PRODUCTION MODELS PICTURED IN THIS POST BY MBOX75 MAY BE FAKES!
motorman

Post by motorman »

I see precious things. Wow matthias there are some rare models in that last cabinet including one of my all time wants. The blue interior Javelin. Superb
Last edited by motorman on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

It is such a shame that so few collectors have in their possession, a blue interior Javelin. We mere mortals can only aspire to such a model as I understand once you have got one, it is written in the Centuries old Matchbox bible (very few of those around a swell!), that once one passes into the hands of Man, he shall not be able to let go without sundry Spirits and untold dangers cursing said Man to a lifetime of unrest.

I admire the brave Men who have such a model, but if the legend it true, I would rather not witness the true horrors that will unfold, when it passes over to a new owner.

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Have you been drinking too much champagne Ghosty?
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Wonderful collection Matthias - are the G boxes all different variations ?
fixer

Post by fixer »

stunning as always Mathias ...please leave some for us mere mortals
reg
numi

Post by numi »

SMS88 wrote:Just finished dusting + squeezing my newest additions into my very full display cabinet - the policecar I bought on saturday completes the lineup of late 1960s hubcap 1-75 series -it sits next to the light metallic blue Iso found last month with the orange tractor found the same time in the middle.This is my whole collection of 1-75 series D boxes or newer plus all models from the 1966-1969 collector catalogs (except the #65 Harvester + #69 Hatra which I dont have or like).Top shelf is the Superfast colour variations I owned before age 16 in best guess order of acquistion! Middle right are mostly upgrades of the 35 RW models I owned before age 9
An stunning & exciting display Mr Mick! I can imagine your thrill with seeing these displays when u get up every morning which most of us could dream about. :D
Very nice indeed!
Numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
numi

Post by numi »

mbox75 wrote:Hi Everyone

more Superfasts.

Cheers Mathias
Another fantastic display by Mathias! thanks for showing. :D
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

numi wrote:
SMS88 wrote:Just finished dusting + squeezing my newest additions into my very full display cabinet - the policecar I bought on saturday completes the lineup of late 1960s hubcap 1-75 series -it sits next to the light metallic blue Iso found last month with the orange tractor found the same time in the middle.This is my whole collection of 1-75 series D boxes or newer plus all models from the 1966-1969 collector catalogs (except the #65 Harvester + #69 Hatra which I dont have or like).Top shelf is the Superfast colour variations I owned before age 16 in best guess order of acquistion! Middle right are mostly upgrades of the 35 RW models I owned before age 9
An stunning & exciting display Mr Mick! I can imagine your thrill with seeing these displays when u get up every morning which most of us could dream about. :D
Very nice indeed!
Numi
Thankyou - that display is actually as close to our bed as any display could be,less than a metre away - lucky my wife doesnt mind but then its only a 3 room apartment not a house :) and the cars are hidden from daylight inside!