Attachments
DSCN5039.JPG
DSCN5039.JPG (33.69 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
DSCN5038.JPG
DSCN5038.JPG (34.04 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
nearlymint

Re: Casting #69

Post by nearlymint »

Excellent model Antonin, thanks for showing it. Does it have any other differences compared to the first production models.
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

Hi Jason
it is the first body casting variation with separation line in the middle of the roof, no visible difference. It has hand applied silver trim.
Antonin
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

I've never heard of this before, an excellent model, thanks for sharing the photos Antonin.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
Lrrp59

Post by Lrrp59 »

Another Hatra variation that has been discussed but never added to the list.
Attachments
DSCN2328.JPG
DSCN2328.JPG (700.64 KiB) Viewed 2680 times
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

A belated Thanks Lrrp59 for that base picture of the very rare first base casting on the yellow colored Hatra Shovel. I have the mixed color Hatra with orange body and the round cover over the rear axle, so I knew these newer castings were being used and changed over right during the model's color change. If the yellow shovels were used on both orange body castings and were found in the stores as I had in both versions, it makes sense that some early bases were still left to paint the 'New' yellow during this color AND casting changeover period. I have never seen the yellow Hatra with square axle cover, so I believe they may be a very short run to use up stocks of the old style bases in storage. I have never seen or found one simply because I have never been looking at this yellow colored 'Common Late Model' except to find that added and beefed up triangular cab brace Bob Brennen's NAMC Guide told us about in 1973. It is NOT in his 1971 book Hugh is using for his 'Missing Variations' thread, so I had that date wrong.
After 41 years of looking for this yellow version with heavier base triangles and the added material between those, I have found mine. I had seen the detailed pictures of this model for the first time on this Forum thread, so knew how different the model at the Fall Carlisle Antique Car Show last week was, but waited till Hershey to buy it. I knew the Seller and felt very comfortable that no other detail collectors would spot that tough version among his boxed and very pricey tough models he displays every year. Because of the shock of his $40 price on this nearly Mint 'Common' (My view of the yellow Hatra, not this very last odd casting at all), I waited the week till Fall Hershey to buy it from him. I will NEVER do that again on such an important model!! After mentioning it here on a Post last week, I began to pack for Fall Hershey with a new supply of Toy $$ for it. I had stated it would be a search through 2000 stalls to find him, but with 9000 stalls sold, I am sure there are at least 3000 different vendors scattered over the large expanse of the Hershey complex and the Giants Stadium parking lot used for this annual AACA meet. The vendor saved me by calling me out as I passed, otherwise I may have never found him in my 5 days of wandering through the 'Antique Car Heaven' of Hershey. Thank God he saw me, I was on a mission to find a public 'Plastic Pagoda' for some relief when hurrying by his stall........ :D kwakers
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

kwakers wrote:...Bob Brennen's NAMC Guide told us about in 1973. It is NOT in his 1971 book Hugh is using for his 'Missing Variations' thread...
I'm still looking for a second edition. Can anyone help?
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

I love both models of the #69 series. My photos of the van are all scattered about, but many of my Hatra photos are in one location.

ORANGE HUBS:

RED HUBS:
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

I know this Hatra has always been one of your favorites Joe. Did you have the same trouble finding that last reinforced cab casting on the very last yellow versions produced that I had? I am very happy I finally have one for our collection, they seem to be very scarce......kwakers
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

The only Hatra I never found was an all yellow one with the square diff.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."