Real Life Dinky 186

Matchbox toys in real life, photos and videos
fintail

Real Life Dinky 186

Post by fintail »

Yes, it's not a Matchbox, but it is a Vintage British Diecast, so it should be fine, right? ;)

A while ago, I bought this 186 on ebay. I was interested in the tires, which I later learned were added later. But I thought they looked cool:

And with the tires it resembles my car. And here's the real car, which I have owned since I was 18. Roughly half my life now - it's not a restored showpiece, just an old car that I try to keep maintained, and it just keeps going.

Like the Dinky which exists in a few shades of blue, the real car looks different in different light:

GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Real Life Dinky 186

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hello fintail,

This is one of the best examples of the model matching the real car, a perfect pair, I can do the same match with a Rolls-Royce, but unfortunately, the model does not come in the same colour as my real car... :x

Regards,
GHOSTHUNTER.
fintail

Post by fintail »

Which RR is that?

Paint the model or paint the car ;)

I do like having a model like this of my car. I didn't know about the Dinky until several years after I found the real car. I think there's a smaller diecast fintail, a Husky maybe, in a similar blue, but I haven't got around to finding one yet.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Very nice motor!
The Husky is a tiny model around 1/70 scale in baby blue with opening boot.When I see them here at toyfairs they are cheap,about £2-3 loose in good shape and £12-15 mint in blisterpack. Not popular at all, dont have one yet in my otherwise nearly complete Husky collection............