Lesney/Matchbox Photographs

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
tractorboy

Lesney/Matchbox Photographs

Post by tractorboy »

Do you have any Lesney/Matchbox related photographs you'd like to share?

Couldn't find a post on this topic, my apologies if there is one already on the forum.

This is the photo I posted on matchboxmarcel's post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2717
IMG_5938.jpg
IMG_5938.jpg (54.09 KiB) Viewed 647 times
On the back is written:
HIAA
CHIG 2/68
CETER

Stamped #2/68 4- /6
Photograph by
LES ADAMS COMPANY
560 N STATE St
Auction details stated: Promotional photograph - Fred Bronner
Assuming Fred Bronner trade stand in Chicago 1968
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMG_5940.jpg
IMG_5940.jpg (26.76 KiB) Viewed 647 times
Nothing on the back but assume 1965 to coincide with release date of the 3 models.
Auction details stated: "Fred Bronner Licensed photo - from Connie Arnold collection"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMG_5939.jpg
IMG_5939.jpg (56.48 KiB) Viewed 647 times
Nothing on the back.
Auction details stated: "Connie Arnold collection - colour photograph"
"What one loves in childhood stays in the heart forever." ---Mary Jo Putney

Rodger
matchboxmarcel

Re: Lesney/Matchbox Photographs

Post by matchboxmarcel »

I realy like this special tread for old Lesney photos !
Re the photo posted also in the other tread.
In my replies there I wrote:

Rodger, I have that photo also. It is a USA tradefair photo and If I remember right from the 1968 Chicago trade fair. You can see some later giftsets on the right foreground of the picture. The see trough boxes of sets didn't came before 1966.

Now in this tread more information is mentioned as could be found on the back of the photo and you can indeed see that it is the Fred Bronner trade stand in Chicago 1968 as I wrote in the earlier post, hence the display i showed in the other tread can not be seen on the fair as the display is from 1963.

I have seen that 3 model display before and will digg out some more information of it later today.
I never saw the color photograph. It looks a great collection. I have never seen the tower display in the middle. Cases for the models in that display and the lettering on the top (of the Matchbox banner) is totally different to the tower displays we know from the late 60ties/early 70ties period.
Thanks for posting this photo.
Does any-one know that collector and is he still amongst us?

marcel
matchboxmarcel
matchboxrw

Post by matchboxrw »

tractorboy wrote:Do you have any Lesney/Matchbox related photographs you'd like to share?

Couldn't find a post on this topic, my apologies if there is one already on the forum.

This is the photo I posted on matchboxmarcel's post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2717
IMG_5938.jpg
On the back is written:
HIAA
CHIG 2/68
CETER

Stamped #2/68 4- /6
Photograph by
LES ADAMS COMPANY
560 N STATE St
Auction details stated: Promotional photograph - Fred Bronner
Assuming Fred Bronner trade stand in Chicago 1968
IMG_5940.jpg
Nothing on the back but assume 1965 to coincide with release date of the 3 models.
Auction details stated: "Fred Bronner Licensed photo - from Connie Arnold collection"
IMG_5939.jpg
Nothing on the back.
Auction details stated: "Connie Arnold collection - colour photograph"
If you have time go to my website. I have a lot of photos and paper material on the site. The address will take you to the right section: http://www.regularwheel.com/p1013390496
tractorboy

Post by tractorboy »

matchboxrw wrote: If you have time go to my website. I have a lot of photos and paper material on the site. The address will take you to the right section: http://www.regularwheel.com/p1013390496
Fantastic site Steve, started looking about an hour ago to view the photos and got sidetracked viewing other pages :D .

Straight onto my bookmarks bar for detailed viewing later - thanks.
"What one loves in childhood stays in the heart forever." ---Mary Jo Putney

Rodger