Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
fixer

Re: Toy fair news

Post by fixer »

This is as near to a policemans helmet I got.... By the way I'm the giver
Attachments
IMG_86580243928210.jpeg
IMG_86580243928210.jpeg (26.96 KiB) Viewed 549 times
reg
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Don't tell me the other one's the wide receiver.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
fixer

Post by fixer »

johnboy wrote:Don't tell me the other one's the wide receiver.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
reg
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

I never realised the NEC toyfair was this sunday. I'm going, I will try for the early entry but I have to tow the speedboat so I could be late, I have to take the boat back to my daughters place in Scotland, The NEC seems an ideal venue to break my journey. Are we planning to meet at a particular time and place?.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
fixer

Post by fixer »

I think we're going to meet by the main entrance just before the doors open to the public then head to the wetherspoon for a chat I'll pm you my number
reg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Nick, you have a 'PM'.

Ghosty.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Are you at Windsor Saturday Kevin?
Bob
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

NEC 28/9/14

Lots of table with lots of models and quite a respectable showing of Matchbox, boxed, unboxed and tatty.
Nothing very exciting from my point of view, although I did manage to find a playworn early body example of the 57c Land Rover Fire Truck without the rear crossbrace. i also noticed, and bought. a 34c VW camper in pale blue. I am under no illusions that it is anything other than a sunfade, but it is one I have never heard of before and, for 50p and having found only one other model, I bought it.
Despite the thin Matchbox pickings, I was extremely pleased to be able to add a copy of Rob Newson's Budgie book (in hardback, which I have never seen before) to my reference library, along with the original Graham Thompson Spot-On book(signed by GT as well!). Furthermore, I managed to part-exchange the Forty Years book I have been touting round for a couple of years now, and so was very pleased with the deal.
However, highlight of the day was meeting up with Kevin (aka Ghosthunter), Alex (aka Motorman), and Reg (aka Fixer), but I'll leave them to fill in the details.
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

And thanks to the Scotland vote Alex didn't even need his passport lol.
motorman

Post by motorman »

NEC 28/9/2014,

Well i am literally just in after over 5 1/2 hours on the road, quite a few road works, average speed cameras and a handful of rozzers in their supercharged Beemers to slow me down!!!

Aside from that i had a good day with some SF acquisitions (nothing of any note just a couple of variations i dont have of the SF#3 Mercedes Binz Ambulance in off white, thin wheels with pale blue glazing and dome and a SF#54 Cadillac Ambulance, white without silver trim, small thin wheels and small cross label.

Highlight of the day was meeting up with Kevin (Ghosthunter) Reg (Fixer) and last but definately not least Hugh (Idris). Reg let me have a look at his orange Prepro AMX Javelin, (he even let me touch it!!!) it made my heart race seeing such a model in the flesh and one that i would love to own myself, (maybe one day).

Hugh brought a few of his rare models including some wonderful prepro SF's including his prepro thin wheeled SF#45 in flat green. Infact not only did hugh bring his Flat green Group 6, I brought mine and Reg brough his so i will post a few images of this wonderful and rare trio when i get a chance.

Kevin as usual was a font of knowledge on pretty much everything and i could listen to him all night. As for Hugh it very quickly became apparent that Hugh has an Encyclopedic knowledge of all things matchbox and again i would have loved to have spent more time with him.

Lastly i would like to thank Hugh for allowing me to purchase from him a very unusual and rare #3 Mercedes Binz ambulance with a SF body and RW base and wheels. I will post some image again when i get the chance and futhermore another thankyou to Hugh for the tip off about a Stannard guide for sale at the meet. He kindly pointed me in the direction of the seller and incredibly i managed to buy after some short negotiation a first edition Stannard guide in superb condition for the grand total of £60!!!!!!!

What a great day makes the 11 hours round trip and £90 fuel costs worth the while.......now i just need to pray that a speeding ticket doesn't pop through my letter box any time soon.

Thanks again Kev, Reg and Hugh.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"