ultimate matchbox grizzly Vectis auction

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
numi

Re: ultimate matchbox grizzly Vectis auction

Post by numi »

I would certainly respond further but suggest that we all respectfully put a damper until the Grizzly auctions are over.
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
matchboxgrizzly

Post by matchboxgrizzly »

Hello, Numi! - hello to the forum!

sorry for the little late answer - I'm really busy in my pharmacy - and I also spoke to many close collector friends via telephone or email i nthe last days because many of them just noticed that I'm selling the main part of my collection.
I want to answer directly to your question about other rare RW models that are not in my collection:
all the models you listed (13d reversed Colors, Rotinoff GPW, etc ..... I had in my Hands personally at Vectis auctions or at many other conventions or meetings. The only one model I never had in my hand was the turquoise Opel Diplomat....
I have also fully the same opinion about the word "MINT" ... no more to say!
I can remember for example that I bought the 23B Berkeley Caravan in metallic green in the Gillogly sale (it was around GBP 3000...!!!) and send the model back because it was by far not mint.... a few years ago I bought a red 45A Vauxhall - model was mint ,but the base was loose at the rivet ..... no way - I sent it back also....
Some models I never tryed to get - for example the Field Car with green hubs ,because there are so many fakes on the market ---- you see - everyone has its own decision about collecting!

all the best .... yours Ralph
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

Ralph, I was at Sandown last saturday and bought the catalogue and saw the cabinet with models from your collection.
You tried to contact me. I have sent you a pm.
Did you receive my pm?

marcel
matchboxmarcel
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

The nbr 15 Diamond T Prime Mover in yellow as I took photos off last saturday (see my Sandown tread) (Lot 230) just sold at Vectis a few minutes ago at 3400 gbp + cost !

The nbr 30B Magirus cranes as I just took photos off last saturday (see Sandown tread) just sold at 6800 (red boom) and 4600 (orange boom)
matchboxmarcel
hydra427

Post by hydra427 »

I watched the auction today and was happy with the lots I won. I missed out on the 23A Camper because my bid did not register fast enough. Overall I thought prices seemed a little low for a lot of the models. Many models sold for below the low estimate. I was amazed as the yellow 15A crossed the blocks though and the price it brought. I would think if Vectis were to hold these auctions on the weekends the competition for bids would be greater. Many of us in the US have to work and it prevents us from bidding while at the workplace. I am a lucky one though and pretty much have free reign. I agree with Numi that more pictures are always better. If there is a defect, show it. I know that if I was pursuing one of the higher priced models I would have contacted Vectis for more pictures which I'm sure they would oblige with. However I would like to see the left side and right side. Extra work but better for those of us that can't attend the auction in person. I still have a few more models that I'm interested in for tomorrow so another early day for me.

Hopefully this weekend I will be able to pick up a few more models at the Hershey PA show. I still need that 23A Camper! Hope all of you that bid, got what you wanted. Can't wait for the delivery in a couple of weeks.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for looking, John
"For everyone you pass up, your always one behind"
motorman

Post by motorman »

hydra427 wrote:I watched the auction today and was happy with the lots I won. I missed out on the 23A Camper because my bid did not register fast enough. Overall I thought prices seemed a little low for a lot of the models. Many models sold for below the low estimate. I was amazed as the yellow 15A crossed the blocks though and the price it brought. I would think if Vectis were to hold these auctions on the weekends the competition for bids would be greater. Many of us in the US have to work and it prevents us from bidding while at the workplace. I am a lucky one though and pretty much have free reign. I agree with Numi that more pictures are always better. If there is a defect, show it. I know that if I was pursuing one of the higher priced models I would have contacted Vectis for more pictures which I'm sure they would oblige with. However I would like to see the left side and right side. Extra work but better for those of us that can't attend the auction in person. I still have a few more models that I'm interested in for tomorrow so another early day for me.

Hopefully this weekend I will be able to pick up a few more models at the Hershey PA show. I still need that 23A Camper! Hope all of you that bid, got what you wanted. Can't wait for the delivery in a couple of weeks.
I have repeatedly suggested that Vectis to move their auctions to a Saturday or Sunday, for surely this would give more opportunity to buyers worldwide to get involved. Surely a greater number of potential bidders would result in better sales for them and allow those of us who are working Mon - Fri to take part in a live auction either in person at their auction house or online.

To me it's a no brainer!!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

I have just looked at the Auction held yesterday 16-9-14 and the prices the models fetched, I was quite surprised at the given condition of the models.

Also the hard to find variations of the models, apart from a couple of rare ones I could not find any hard to find variations that I needed even on common models :( :(

Or may be these had been sold off some time back.

George T.
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi All just got back from Vectis Auctions, what can I say far too many pieces to go through them all. I had my list & just concentrated on the things I had on my list a bit disappointed with some but very happy with others. There were a lot of very near mint boxes & models of the more common varieties, some were going very cheap but as with my luck the bits I wanted fetched a fortune. I did treat myself to the F box Pontiac, a slight feathering on one end flap which has now been ironed out. You must have all seen the high lights of the show, most of the expensive bits went to one buyer on the web. One phone bidder in Spain was paddling while bidding another dealer in the room seemed to be mopping all the cheap bits. There was a chap from Germany in the room who seemed to be buying quite a few lots. Spoke to another chap who only collected E box Overall I was very pleased with what I brought. I think we all have our limits what we want to pay, once again big bucks for rare bits, bottom end of market is struggling Pete
motorman

Post by motorman »

I can't begin to imagine who the buyer in Germany might be!!!! :roll:
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi All I don't know who the German gentleman was but he had been collecting a long time he was a bit concerned about the rate of exchange. Nick I tried to get you two more new members but they were not interested Pete