18e Field Car w/o PAT APP

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
Johnny Pimp

18e Field Car w/o PAT APP

Post by Johnny Pimp »

I recently picked up a code 6 (without satchel on the parcel shelf), to go with my code 7 (with satchel).

I assume that the different interiors are found equally but how hard to find are the early bases without 'PAT APP'?

John

Want Matchbox? Visit www.matchboxforsale.com !
SMS88

Re: 18e Field Car w/o PAT APP

Post by SMS88 »

I havent got one yet and I can see this example isnt early production as it has thick rather than thin wheels!
Johnny Pimp

Post by Johnny Pimp »

SMS88 wrote:I havent got one yet and I can see this example isnt early production as it has thick rather than thin wheels!
To be honest Mick, it's not really one to get excited about.

As far as I am aware, the earliest Superfast conversions had these thick, 5-slot wheels. Then there was a shortish run of the thin 4-slots and finally, the thick 4-slots until its retirement from the 1-75 range.

I believe that the large diameter, thin 5-slot wheels only ever appeared on the 70b Grit Spreader. I certainly don't own any other models with them anyway.
John

Want Matchbox? Visit www.matchboxforsale.com !
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Johnny Pimp wrote:
SMS88 wrote:I havent got one yet and I can see this example isnt early production as it has thick rather than thin wheels!
To be honest Mick, it's not really one to get excited about.

As far as I am aware, the earliest Superfast conversions had these thick, 5-slot wheels. Then there was a shortish run of the thin 4-slots and finally, the thick 4-slots until its retirement from the 1-75 range.

I believe that the large diameter, thin 5-slot wheels only ever appeared on the 70b Grit Spreader. I certainly don't own any other models with them anyway.
Your picture doesnt show the number of slots in the tyres but I agree the thick 5 slots most like were made earliest.
I have a flea market beater box SF35c with thin 5 slot 12.5mm wheels but I cant prove it left the factory that way!
vetrad

Post by vetrad »

I have found the interior without the satchel is harder to find, but I would not call it rare. I have assumed they were left over interiors from the RW model and usually only found on the first issue with wide 5-spoke wheels. I personally have never seen one on the later issue wheel variations but they are listed to exist.

-David
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

found this model the other day...came with bonus trailer caravan...it does have the satchel

no pat app

satchel

Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
Lummox

Post by Lummox »

Those two look great together Brad. Very "matchy-matchy" as Bruno would say. :-)
MoKo~LoCo
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

Lummox wrote:Those two look great together Brad. Very "matchy-matchy" as Bruno would say. :-)
they do dont they!
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.