So why your username? (with a prize)

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
tractorboy

So why your username? (with a prize)

Post by tractorboy »

As much as I enjoy reading the varied posts on the forum, what also fascinates me are the interesting user names.

Some are pretty self explanatory:
….nickjones
….gpwcollector
….matchboxkiwi

Others leave me scratching my head thinking I've dropped into some alternative reality chatroom: :o
...kerbside
...GHOSTHUNTER
...Evil McNasty
...fixer
...kwakers
...MOKOSEX

Now, I know you all have an excellent reasons for your usernames and they will be blindingly obvious once explained.
But some strange thoughts/images do cross my mind as I read the usernames and try to picture the person at the other end of the keyboard.

My username for example - pretty straightforward "tractorboy" - couldn't be much simpler could it?

So here's a competition……………..

Guess the reason for my username tractorboy

You can't have competition without a prize - so the winning explanation will win this genuine piece of kiwiana.
Posted at my expense to the winner (or best/most amusing/rudest if no one comes up up with the answer).

Fun Ho No16 Fordson Tractor
fun-ho fordson.jpg
fun-ho fordson.jpg (38.25 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Conditions of entry:
1. Explain the reason for my username "tractorboy"
2. Post your username with an explanation
or (which would be way more fun)
3. Post your username & let others explain why they think you have that username (sorry "Ilovelesneylarry" - doesn't leave a lot of scope for reasons).

I'll let the comments stack up and then after a set time/lack of interest/pending court cases announce a winner.
In the case of several correct replies I'll decide on no other basis that a whim or huge amount of cash deposited in my off shore account.
"What one loves in childhood stays in the heart forever." ---Mary Jo Putney

Rodger
matchbox_n_molars

Re: So why your username? (with a prize)

Post by matchbox_n_molars »

1. Once upon a time there was a boy raised on a farm in the idyllic pastoral countryside on the outskirts of Auckland. Conceived within the loving embrace of his parents, his mother sang him ballads and read him gallant tales of chivalry and heroism even before he emerged from her womb to greet the world.
There came the inevitable day upon which the lad had outgrown his cozy maternal confines. His mother signaled to her husband that the time had come to make that long-anticipated hasty journey into Auckland and the safe, sterile confines of the local maternity ward.
Filled with a healthy sense of anticipation the father-to-be thrust the key into the ignition of the family's trusty Ford. The engine made an effort to turn over but it was clear from the start that things were not well beneath the bonnet. Precious moments later the battery ground to an exhausted halt. What had been an ambivalent mix of wonder and trepidation was pushed aside by genuine panic. The father-to-be jumped from behind the wheel of the Ford and sprinted across the yard to the barn where seconds later the chugging, lumbering music of the farm's Massey Harris tractor came to life. Out across the lawn raced the proud Massey on her newly defined mission of mercy.
Without even stopping the young farmer reached out to his bride and pulled her onboard. She settled safely into a nook between the fender and the toolbox as the wheels turned west out of the drive and onto the highway toward Auckland.
By the time the tractor roared past the Richards' place the contractions were coming once every five minutes. While the Auckland skyline was still no more than a silhouette in the distance a mother calmly reached out and placed her hand atop that of her husbands. He looked at her and knew without benefit of a spoken word that the sand had escaped the hourglass. He pulled off on a level patch alongside the road, helped his bride onto the seat of the Massey Harris. He lifted the hem of her skirt and introduced his son to the morning sunshine.
Later in the day when mother, father and son were all safely tucked away at the hospital in Auckland a burgeoning legend was sweeping across the town. A train of strangers one after another appeared at the maternity ward window peering through and pointing. "That's him over there.... third one in from the left.... that's the "tractorboy"'!
And the rest, as they say, is history! ;)

2. My username.... matchbox_n_molars
By profession I am a general dentist. September 19th will be 31 years behind the mask. Now that our children have been raised and fledged the nest my life is consumbed largely by "Matchbox" and "molars". Hence the name. :roll:
Greg in Cincinnati
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

...and when you reach 'Head Scratching' status working these out is very hard, have a rest and look into the real meanings of our 'Usernames' by clicking on this link...viewtopic.php?f=5&t=447#p2031

Ghosty.
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

Evil McNasty is my friend of 30+ years Dave Watts who I have known through the custom van scene. The name comes from a van club that Dave was a member of many years ago.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
motorman

Post by motorman »

I am MOTORMAN,

Not Planeman, Trainman, Boatman or Bikeman.......just cars or as we on Scotland call them, Motors! that is what i collect and that is where my interests are, hence the name!!! :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
artherfonz

Post by artherfonz »

At about 10 years of age my mother brought me a fake leather jacket like the Fonz (from happy days) use to wear, I thought it was so cool to be like the Fonz,the family called me Fonzie, as I got older I didn't think it was so cool to be called Fonzie, so they called me Arthur. With the arrival of email and eBay ,message boards and the like, I found it to be a good electronic alias and by changing how you spell Arthur, I don't get bothered by fans of the real Fonz, family still calls me Arthur and occasionally Fonzie
tractorboy

Post by tractorboy »

matchbox_n_molars, what can I say? The family secret revealed in a lyrical rendition. Yes, I am the rightful, long lost heir to the Massey Harris fortune. :D
"What one loves in childhood stays in the heart forever." ---Mary Jo Putney

Rodger
jimgallegos

Post by jimgallegos »

Tractorboy was from a farmer background. You were born and raised on a farm. When you were a small child you were in awe with these huge machines and the noise, smoke and many moving parts. Later in life you learned to work on them and made your own repairs and eventually became a salesman of these fine machines.

User name is Jimgallegos

I'll let the board guess on this one. No prize if you get it right. If you get it wrong, take a look in the mirror and try to figure who you are looking at.
Jim G.Come join us at the 2019 Gathering in New Mexico. 19-21 July 2097. email me @ matchb0x1@aol.com for information
Moyboy

Post by Moyboy »

nickjones wrote:Evil McNasty is my friend of 30+ years Dave Watts who I have known through the custom van scene. The name comes from a van club that Dave was a member of many years ago.
I remember that club Nick and the van nats that were around at the time. Did you frequent the Van shop (somewhere up where you used to live from memory - I got all my van stuff there like a one piece Bedford rear door and a couple of front plush swivel seats. Wish I still had the old van as it went like the clappers with the Rover V8 in and the Jag rear end.
Butlercustom

Post by Butlercustom »

I would imagine that you grew up with a fascination for tractors. Much like my oldest some whenever we traveled he would yell out "water tower!" Every time he saw one or "Train!' Every time he saw one of those as well. That was 17 years ago and I still find myself spotting water towers when I drive across country.
My name Africanrider comes from the fact my parents were missionaries in what used to be Zaire now the Democratic republic of Congo. Some if my favorite memories stem from the time frame when my brother and I rode dirt bikes every where while we grew up there.