ultimate matchbox grizzly Vectis auction

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
matchboxgrizzly

ultimate matchbox grizzly Vectis auction

Post by matchboxgrizzly »

Hello to the forum!

I just want to inform you that the Regular Wheel auction will be held in September 16th and 17th and the auction catalogue is nearly complete. You should see the catalogue online at the Vectis homepage next week (I hope so .... it's a little late in my opinion!)

Julian Royse and the team of Vectis did a perfect job - in my opinion it's the best detailed and pictured Matchbox auction catalogue ever ( no - that is no self promotion ,but my personally feeling).

there are also the Stannard codes in every lot and very detailed description to the model and also about the box types!
Julian Royce was very picky with the condition - but anyway - check out the pictures see yourself!

Vectis will also be at the Sandorn Toy fair and they will show a few of the highlights of the auction there - you also have the opportunity to get the catalogue there!

I was very surprised that they found also a few more rare variations that I overlooked - for example a 15B Rotinoff with smaller black front wheels ....

I want also let you know that the only one model I'm not sure if it is original or not is the metallic blue 66 Harley - in my personnel opinion it is a lunchtime special of a Lesney employee !

I want to say that because of my reputation as a well known trusted collector (hope you understand my bad English...)

All the best for today .... yours Ralph
petethesweet1

Re: ultimate matchbox grizzly Vectis auction

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi Ralph looking forward to the auction. I have viewed the preview on utube many times some out standing pieces It will be nice to see it on the web & to have a look at the catalogue at Sandown. Are you going to the auction Pete
durangokid

Post by durangokid »

Ralph,
Thank you for the update and I'm sure this will be a fantastic auction!
I am still quite pleased with the 26A "C" box and 19C Aston Race car that I added to my collection from yours!
I hope the auction turns out well for you and also for the collectors who are fortunate to win some of the models/boxes.
Best Regards,
Bill
DurangoKid
Dr Jazz

Post by Dr Jazz »

Hi Ralph

Very nice reading :) such a nice history to your models, and for the first time I get a confirmation on a story i was told 10 years ago on a german flee market. The 25c BP tanker was sold with out decals in east Berlin, this variation I have, but it is unregitretet becaurse it it so easy to take of. But now I am happy that it was a true story.

I will bid on many of your models and I hope to win atleast 2 (not saying witch)

all the best of luck to you and the auction

Mfg

Jazz
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Dr Jazz wrote:...and for the first time I get a confirmation on a story i was told 10 years ago on a german flee market. The 25c BP tanker was sold with out decals in east Berlin, this variation I have, but it is unregitretet becaurse it it so easy to take of...
I also have one of these bought from an Ebayer in the former DDR. I have often wondered about how they were sold since the box clearly shows the BP symbol.
I also understand that the 11b tanker was similarly supplied without decal to the DDR, but there also seems to be standard, common issue without rear decal.
numi

Post by numi »

Idris wrote:
Dr Jazz wrote:...and for the first time I get a confirmation on a story i was told 10 years ago on a german flee market. The 25c BP tanker was sold with out decals in east Berlin, this variation I have, but it is unregitretet becaurse it it so easy to take of...
I also have one of these bought from an Ebayer in the former DDR. I have often wondered about how they were sold since the box clearly shows the BP symbol.
I also understand that the 11b tanker was similarly supplied without decal to the DDR, but there also seems to be standard, common issue without rear decal.
Please tell me what DDR stands for.
Thanks in advance.
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

DDR = Deutsche Demokratische Republiek = German Democratic Republic = East Germany.
numi

Post by numi »

Idris wrote:DDR = Deutsche Demokratische Republiek = German Democratic Republic = East Germany.
Thanks Idris,most appreciated. :D
Quite informative but horrendous past history i might add.
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

numi wrote:Quite informative but horrendous past history i might add.
Yes. Sadly very much a case of "out of the frying pan and into the fire".