Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
fixer

Re: Toy fair news

Post by fixer »

You choose either way I'm easy ;)
reg
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Ahh so the rumours are true then lol
motorman

Post by motorman »

Easy like a Sunday morning!!!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
fixer

Post by fixer »

anybody going to sandown the weekend
reg
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Yep. Marcel also attending.
Bob
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

I'll be there
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi All another waste of time at Sandown, a lot of stuff about but nothing for me. There was some chap on the steps trying to sell a few of his dads matchbox, I enquired about a couple no 1 Road Roller, 23 Caravan (blue) wanted £400 each he said this is the price they go for on the web. I told him he wanted to knock off a nought. Later in the morning he was trying to sell them to John Moore for £1500 John didn't bite. Looked at some of the stuff for the sale next week at Vectis, some very nice bits Pete
fixer

Post by fixer »

Hi Pete I was there too manged to get a few bits, lone star mostly but also some rw sf a mini dinky husky and a polistil (post some pictures later)
Best of all met Ghosty again and Graham (rocketron) hope to see you at nec boys
reg
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Seemed fewer traders than normal I thought. Spent more time discussing music with Graham (sorry Pete!) than I did looking at toys. Was gone by 1030 just as the doors opened to the public. Saw John sniffing the boxes of the models on offer.....
Bob
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Sorry Bob I could not get there earlier to see you and Marcel, I ended-up walking through the door at 12:10 pm, had a terrible journey with silly amounts of traffic and what seemed like every set of traffic lights against me.

Saw my usual dealer friends there, bumped into two members of the Maidenhead Static Model Club and Robert Newson and met up with Reg ("Fixer") again, who showed me some nice 'LONE-STAR' models and a previously purchased Y-10 in White and Purple, fitted with bright Red seats and grille centre. I can confirm it was a 'CODE 3' model, doctored by a previous owner who obviously liked the idea of owning a genuine Y-10 with colour trial seats and grille, but decided to make his own!

I did not find a single variation I am chasing and have been chasing for quite some time now, inspected two virtually mint #24c Silver Shadow models, but both were the wrong ones, so did not buy them. Inspected only one #69 'Drop-Top' Silver Shadow for the 'Long Seat' moulding, but again it was not it, so did not buy that either!!

Picked-up one Y-10 Silver Ghost in Silver-Grey, but with the 'COPPER' axles, but not much else.

Might try and get to the Beaconsfield toy fair, then Windsor and finally for this Month, the NEC Birmingham, then I will be out on the streets selling my body for some desperately needed cash!

Ghosty.