Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
fixer

Re: Toy fair news

Post by fixer »

motorman wrote:
Idris wrote:
motorman wrote:The rain's always warm in England and so is the beer!!!
The beer is not warm: if it's properly kept, it will be at cellar temperature. (As Hobgoblin put it, "What's the matter lagerboy? Afraid you might taste something?")
You wont beleive it Hugh but i am sat drinking a glass of cold Hobgoblin ale right now. Very very good tasting Ale!!! A bargain at Lidl's £1.29 a bottle!!! ( also available at other retail outlets.....bla bla bla bla) :D
by the way you finished your comment I think you may have had more than one
I myself have just finished off a bottle of red wine
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

Congratulations Reg!! It is Saturday night after all.....hic!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
fixer

Post by fixer »

anyone going to brentwood on the 16th
reg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

fixer wrote:anyone going to brentwood on the 16th
No sorry Reg, can't do that one.

Ghosty.
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

I might be there but just as a window shopper... :(
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
fixer

Post by fixer »

nickjones wrote:
I might be there but just as a window shopper... :(
Better than a window licker :lol:
reg
Idris
Site Admin

Llangollen 16/8/14

Post by Idris »

Chris Dyer was his usual cheerful, accommodating self and, having contacted him beforehand, an early bird ticket wasn't an issue. Even at 8 a.m., about one third of the stallholders had already set up, with the balance arriving in a steady stream over the course of the next two hours.
The majority of the goods on offer had a model railway bias (perhaps because of the proximity of the Llangollen Railway?), but there was also a considerable amount of good condition Corgi, including one stall with mouth-watering rarities, mostly mint and boxed. A fair number of earlier Dinky Toys were also to be seen. I didn't find any Lesney to add to my collection (to be honest, the number of mint and boxed RW items could be counted on the fingers of one hand) , but did note a playworn GPW 59b, two presentable tan GPW 16b Trailers, and a GPW 3b all at very realistic prices.
So, obviously a disappointing outcome with nothing to show for getting up early on a Saturday, but Chris's fairs do feature a number of dealers whom I don't see on any other circuit, so I always feel that it's worth making the effort to go "just in case".
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Wasn't going to go to Brentwood today but glad I did as I picked up some nice little goodies. Got up as usual this morning to go to my local booty and on the way there had a change of mind and drove the extra 50 miles to Brentwood, bumped into a few regular faces including our very own Reginald. Also see Graham (Rockertron) and had a good chat, tried to find Reg afterwards for a cuppa but couldn't find him. Just about to go home and another friend of mine stopped me to ask about a model he found from a old neighbor of his, it was an odd Hoveringham code 3 that I will start a thread on tomorrow. Very interesting find and emptied my already depleted pockets.
fixer

Post by fixer »

I'll catch you at huntingdon Timmy :D
Had a cuppa with Graham and a nice guy called Kev left at midday, I like brentwood as it's only 10mins from home
reg
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

I'll bring your trailor, what colour did you want yellow or red ?