A few of the rarer Supertoys

Dinky toys by Meccano
neil1972

Re: A few of the rarer Supertoys

Post by neil1972 »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Hello Neil1972, your'e picking up some serious stuff from these Charity shops, please tell us what Town you live in so we can all enjoy finding such goodies...I always wanted a Coles crane when they were new and later on when looking at more recent prices at toy fairs, I had a shock, and now I can not afford one, but it seems you have found a supply of shops that can give us these models for a really good price and just as a guide, can you give us a 'Ball-Park' figure of how much the Coles crane was or do you want to keep it a secret...thanks.

Ghosty.

Ghosty

This has been a good week, i can go weeks without finding anything, i do live in London and as i said my local hospice shop is a very good place to find toys as they clear houses out as well and you never know what you might find, the Coles Crane was £20. The Spot On was simply a case of being in the right place as the Lorry had only been donated the day before, if i'd have been there an hour later it wouldn't have been there, someone would have bought it, i was just lucky and it really is all down to luck with finds like this.

My local British Heart Foundation shop has had 5 Dinky's in their shop for nearly a year, playworn and all £30 each, needless to say i haven't touched those....

Neil
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Image WHAT! £20...WOW!

Thank's Neil1972 for letting us know...£20...flipping eck!

Officially the bargain of the month, thanks for showing it here on the forum but I must now go away and sulk... :(

Ghosty.
neil1972

Post by neil1972 »

I'd better not say then how much i paid for the Foden......

But in all seriousness i am posting these to show that toys are out there to be found and also to be found as reasonable prices, not everyone watches flog-it, checks the interweb blah blah blah to see what things are worth, stuff is out there, just go find it!!

Neil
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi all,
Glad to get this one thanks to a good mate Downunder in NZ, late issue Autotransporter........

Really wanted one for years, but never thought I'd get lucky, thanks Dave!

Chris Warr.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Your welcome Chris, I'm glad I could help you make your list a little shorter.