A few of the rarer Supertoys

Dinky toys by Meccano
neil1972

Re: A few of the rarer Supertoys

Post by neil1972 »

Here's a couple of my rare Supertoys i have left in my collection!

Neil
Attachments
DSCN0653.jpg
DSCN0653.jpg (91.79 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
DSCN0658.jpg
DSCN0658.jpg (83.09 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

WOW, Leyland Octopus flatbed with chains in incredible condition, that is nice, sadly my budget would never stretch to one of those, so thanks Neil72 for showing one here, so we can all drool over it and if you don't mind I'll save the picture for my own benefit, thanks.

Ghosty.
neil1972

Post by neil1972 »

Ghosty

By all means do save the pic, i bought this one online a couple of years ago before EBAY prices went absolutely crazy, i got it at the time for what was a decent price, the box looked like it had been eaten by a mouse but the toy as you can see was immaculate.

To spur everyone on to keep searching i bought this today in my local hospice charity shop for £30, a Spot ON AEC, KEEP LOOKING!!! toys are out there to be found.

Neil
Attachments
DSCN0659.jpg
DSCN0659.jpg (91.81 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

Well done - that is a cracking find :D
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I agree, an amazing find at a price we can all afford...right, I guess its down to the nearest charity shop for me later...!

Ghosty.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi all,
Man, I never find stuff like that in a Charity Shop! Well done Neil!
That Octo chain lorry is in lovely condition, superb find! Nice 920 Warrior too, took me ages to get one I could afford.
Cheers
Chris Warr.
neil1972

Post by neil1972 »

Different Charity Shop today, but another Dinky.....

I find that independent charity shops are the best, local hospice shops etc, the 'chain' charity shops tend to sell online....

And here's a Foden i found yesterday at a local flea market, the guy i bought it off always has a few toys but generally not as decent as this.

Neil
Attachments
DSC02899.jpg
DSC02899.jpg (75.37 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
DSC02898.jpg
DSC02898.jpg (114.93 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hello Neil1972, your'e picking up some serious stuff from these Charity shops, please tell us what Town you live in so we can all enjoy finding such goodies...I always wanted a Coles crane when they were new and later on when looking at more recent prices at toy fairs, I had a shock, and now I can not afford one, but it seems you have found a supply of shops that can give us these models for a really good price and just as a guide, can you give us a 'Ball-Park' figure of how much the Coles crane was or do you want to keep it a secret...thanks.

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

I went into 6 local charity shops today, as i do on a regular basis, and as per usual there was not one diecast model to be found. Plenty of jigsaws and VHS tapes!!!!

The well established High street Charity shops have grown wise to the value of these vintage collectable and will not put them on a shelf for a few quid. To find anything like has been shown above is truely remarkable.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

motorman wrote:I went into 6 local charity shops today, as i do on a regular basis, and as per usual there was not one diecast model to be found. Plenty of jigsaws and VHS tapes!!!!

The well established High street Charity shops have grown wise to the value of these vintage collectable and will not put them on a shelf for a few quid. To find anything like has been shown above is truely remarkable.
Same here down South and I swear the same shops, cos they only have Jigsaws and VHS tapes as well........what on earth were we all doing in the Eighties with all these Jigsaws and tapes, couldn't we find a Girlfriend instead!!

Ghosty.