Superfast Casting # 1

A new model to be featured every week
nickjones
Site Admin

Re: Superfast Casting # 1

Post by nickjones »

I found two carry case trays in the Lee Con factory days before it was demolished, They were packed full of fittings like this, I tipped them out and kept the trays....
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

nickjones wrote:I found two carry case trays in the Lee Con factory days before it was demolished, They were packed full of fittings like this, I tipped them out and kept the trays....
i think my jigs came from a demolition worker,i remember a bucket full of unpressed bodies in one of his lots but i didn,t win that lot,i think he found them behind some machines when they were moved,my mod rod one i think came from paul carr,he won a load of them and i was the under bidder,i contacted him if he wanted to sell one and he agreed to,you could do that then on ebay.
The other jig pics i have posted on the superfast chatroom.
dave
motorman

Post by motorman »

nickjones wrote:I found two carry case trays in the Lee Con factory days before it was demolished, They were packed full of fittings like this, I tipped them out and kept the trays....
My God Nick for someone so dedicated to your chosen subject you have made a few bad calls in your time and that is one of then.......almost as bad as selling that mustard yellow prepro RW #8 Mustang!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

I have also sold two RW metallic lime green Lincolns and a RW Land Rover in gold, two rag & bone carts and probably 10 early large scale rollers plus many more. "Keep looking and eventually another one will come along" is my motto.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
motorman

Post by motorman »

nickjones wrote:I have also sold two RW metallic lime green Lincolns and a RW Land Rover in gold, two rag & bone carts and probably 10 early large scale rollers plus many more. "Keep looking and eventually another one will come along" is my motto.
Always the optimist!!!!

I like that attitude, but i would always regret knowing that i had one and then sold it!! :D
MOTORMAN

numi

Post by numi »

Sorry Mr Jones but i just couldn't keep this laughter to myself :lol: :lol: This reminds me of when Dad asked me to choose a new car or a new set of mag wheels.I chose the mag wheels...
English tea ain't good for the right side of the brain ;)
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

I had some lots coming so i bid and won this lot from an auction (shares postage costs) because i don,t see many silver streaks about,when it came and i looked up some info, it then dawned on me this has a silver engine instead of black,reading your posts here its probably not real ,although the dust and wear is pretty consistant ,but has there was no picture of a chrome engined silver streak i thought i would add the auction photo.
dave
Attachments
mod rod.jpg
mod rod.jpg (273.49 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
motorman

Post by motorman »

Dave the engines on the Modrod are very easy to swap. The chrome engine on Silver Streak began its life on a modrod mate.
MOTORMAN

MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

motorman wrote:Dave the engines on the Modrod are very easy to swap. The chrome engine on Silver Streak began its life on a modrod mate.
wheres my black paint lol :lol:
matchboxkiwi

Post by matchboxkiwi »

An early publicity shot.
P9090076.JPG
P9090076.JPG (61.66 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
Cheers, Steve
Matchboxkiwi