Sandown

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
fixer

Re: Sandown

Post by fixer »

he was asking top money £3500 for the cougar £1000 for the red #22
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

I am glad to hear that it was a display of fakes........I was beginning to curl into the fetal position and was just about to suck my thumb!!!!

God help anyone who paid big money for any of them because i know that Nik-Stil usually charges around £35 per custom he produces!!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

It was nice meeting you Reg, the pleasure was all yours, Marmaduke sends his sincere apologies for not being with his master to brief you on the correct etiquette for the occasion, (how to curtsey properly and not to look directly into my eyes when talking to me etc), but I think no harm came from our meeting.

Yes I hope we can meet-up again somewhere, Sandown Park has become a regular for me, along with Kempton Race Course, plus Windsor and Slough. I used to go to Huntingdon religiously but have missed one or two lately and it is infact, the furthest away 'big event' for me to get to.

...and while your on my mind Reg, I had to polish a blue Firenza yesterday, left it out of the cabinet for a few pictures, and do you know what, it got a little dusty, but it's OK now, no need to worry any more.

Ghosty.
ford_a_30

Post by ford_a_30 »

Had he just listed (and priced)the repros as such I would bet many of them would have sold.
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

What concerns me more is that Nik the Greek doesn't mark his cars so we all know there fakes, allowing scheming, cheating Bastards to get away with things like this.
ford_a_30

Post by ford_a_30 »

tjlglass wrote:What concerns me more is that Nik the Greek doesn't mark his cars so we all know there fakes, allowing scheming, cheating Bastards to get away with things like this.
Perhaps someone who knew this vendor was trying to move along his copies should have called him out in the middle of the fair. While probably not the "proper" thing to do, you could always send for one of us outspoken Americans to come over. We are really good at being loud.
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

May be it would be a good idea for Nick to send a nice email to Nik on behalf of the forum requesting that he makes an identifiable mark on all his work so that we all know in future its one of his copies ? im sure in future these will be collectable in there own right ?
fixer

Post by fixer »

tjlglass wrote:May be it would be a good idea for Nick to send a nice email to Nik on behalf of the forum requesting that he makes an identifiable mark on all his work so that we all know in future its one of his copies ? im sure in future these will be collectable in there own right ?
Not a bad idea Tim as they did look very good and do make an affordable way to get some desirable models without the fear of being conned. I don't have a problem with a good restoration or copy as long as it is made aware to the buyer and priced accordingly
reg
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

tjlglass wrote:May be it would be a good idea for Nick to send a nice email to Nik on behalf of the forum requesting that he makes an identifiable mark on all his work so that we all know in future its one of his copies ? im sure in future these will be collectable in there own right ?
If someone can let me have Nik's email I will be happy to oblige..
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
motorman

Post by motorman »

Unless any member has his personal e mail address i suspect the only way to contact Nik would be via an e bay message.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"