thoughts on this #12

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
fixer

thoughts on this #12

Post by fixer »

been watching this blue sf landy ,and was wondering what your thoughts were ,doesn't look right around the rivet to me
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MATCHBOX-SUPE ... 4d1b4cdfc0
reg
tjlglass

Re: thoughts on this #12

Post by tjlglass »

IMHO it's a Fake as you can see the hole has been made bigger and there's a hairline crack along the baseplate.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

I agree. The baseplate photograph appears to show interference in the area of the rivet.
fixer

Post by fixer »

Confirmed my first thoughts at least my faker was only a couple of quid along with the donor with the rw base attached
Big price to pay for the unwary
reg
numi

Post by numi »

This seller had been mentioned on the old forum about selling fake Sf Beige Cortinas and a good number of these Blue Sf Landies.
There is a Mudd click operating on Ebay....Stay clear.
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Oh yes this is the same one selling the fake Cortinas, I thought the name rang a bell. Why can't we all report him ?
Taniwha

Post by Taniwha »

This is one of a small list of variants (including things like green hub Field Cars) that I consider to be effectively non-existent. There are just so many fakes out there (never seen a good 'un I can remember) that I value them as worthless. The risks and likely outlay required to acquire one far outweigh any desire I might ever have had to own one.

Cheers,
Gavin
Faceless Bureaucrats have feelings too...
jimgallegos

Post by jimgallegos »

No question on this. Not real.
Jim G.Come join us at the 2019 Gathering in New Mexico. 19-21 July 2097. email me @ matchb0x1@aol.com for information
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Taniwha wrote:This is one of a small list of variants (including things like green hub Field Cars) that I consider to be effectively non-existent. There are just so many fakes out there (never seen a good 'un I can remember) that I value them as worthless. The risks and likely outlay required to acquire one far outweigh any desire I might ever have had to own one.
I think that's a very sensible attitude to take. Rather like rare decal variations, these models have been so debased by fakes that it is no longer possible to say with certainty what is genuine. it is therefore not worth paying any kind of premium for them.
fixer

Post by fixer »

Idris wrote:
Taniwha wrote:This is one of a small list of variants (including things like green hub Field Cars) that I consider to be effectively non-existent. There are just so many fakes out there (never seen a good 'un I can remember) that I value them as worthless. The risks and likely outlay required to acquire one far outweigh any desire I might ever have had to own one.
I think that's a very sensible attitude to take. Rather like rare decal variations, these models have been so debased by fakes that it is no longer possible to say with certainty what is genuine. it is therefore not worth paying any kind of premium for them.
My sentiments exactly that's the reason I keep my budget between £20 /£30 maximum if I get it wrong it's no big deal
reg