Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
ChFalkensteiner

Re: Toy fair news

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

fixer wrote:Yes Nick it was him then, it would have been nice to have shared a coffee with you all catch up with you sometime soon
Yes, that was me. Sorry to anyone who would have wanted to talk to me for a longer time period, but I lack social skills in general and even more so when Matchbox models are around. And I do not drink coffee.

Presently I am trying to catch up here and read some threads, but I do not know how long it will take me to see all that has happened here over the past few weeks. Unfortunately there is still much more for me to do than there is time available to do it, both in my job and in my private life. But I hope I will be around a little more frequently again from now on.
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

ChFalkensteiner wrote:.................... and even more so when Matchbox models are around.
Ahhh the old "Matchbox blinkers", yes, sadly I wear them too. symptoms are a complete blindness to anything that is not made of diecast or made by Lesney. Recovery is only obtainable by the complete removal of ones person from a toy contaminated environment.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
motorman

Post by motorman »

nickjones wrote:
ChFalkensteiner wrote:.................... and even more so when Matchbox models are around.
Recovery is only obtainable by the complete removal of ones person from a toy contaminated environment.
You wont have to worry about that Nick when you are floating about mid Atlantic in a dead calm with 1 tin of beans, a mouldy loaf and and empty can of beer to keep you company!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
fixer

Post by fixer »

That's harsh Alex an empty beer can!!!!
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

fixer wrote:That's harsh Alex an empty beer can!!!!
No it's not Reg! :lol: :lol: :lol: Nick needs to face up to the realities of life at sea!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MOTORMAN

kwakers

Post by kwakers »

I have heard that Nick is using a couple of Kegs as Ballast on his new Boat, the empty can is just a Lesney commemorative souvenir he enjoyed with O'Dell.....LOL kwakers ;)
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

motorman wrote:You wont have to worry about that Nick when you are floating about mid Atlantic in a dead calm with 1 tin of beans, a mouldy loaf and and empty can of beer to keep you company!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pmsl. well, yesterday, on may 1st I bought the boat so there's no going back now, 3 of the grandkids have already booked places on board during the summer holidays. 2 weeks of endless Glaswegian banter about what wonderful singers 'one direction' are, great lol
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
motorman

Post by motorman »

nickjones wrote:
motorman wrote:You wont have to worry about that Nick when you are floating about mid Atlantic in a dead calm with 1 tin of beans, a mouldy loaf and and empty can of beer to keep you company!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pmsl. well, yesterday, on may 1st I bought the boat so there's no going back now, 3 of the grandkids have already booked places on board during the summer holidays. 2 weeks of endless Glaswegian banter about what wonderful singers 'one direction' are, great lol
Nick, Maybe after 2 weeks immersed in Glawegian banter you might begin to sound like little old me :D :D :D
MOTORMAN

misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Ghost rider.....Sorry.....Just saw this been away at various family does this week..Would you believe a christening a funeral and a wedding in one week and next week off to the Isle of White on a old folks coach trip.This being an experiment for when I cant drive in later years..Might pick up some stock while there.....No fairs for me now for a bit..I retire in Dec .Hoping then to travel the country and visit some auctions etc....
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

misterpop wrote:Ghost rider.....Sorry.....Just saw this been away at various family does this week..Would you believe a christening a funeral and a wedding in one week and next week off to the Isle of White on a old folks coach trip.This being an experiment for when I cant drive in later years..Might pick up some stock while there.....No fairs for me now for a bit..I retire in Dec .Hoping then to travel the country and visit some auctions etc....
Ah! a good excuse then to come and explore Buckinghamshire :lol:

Ghosty.