Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
fixer

Re: Toy fair news

Post by fixer »

johnboy wrote:
fixer wrote:never knew that was made as a rw thought that was a sf version only
johnboy your days are numbered :lol:
:lol: (nervous laugh). There's something about Potters Bar and Fire Engines. You're handy with a hammer and chisel Reg, are you sure it's not one of your garden shed specials?
:twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
reg
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

£10 reg if you want it.
fixer

Post by fixer »

sold
reg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Anyone going to the GAYDON HERITAGE CENTRE in Warwickshire for their first toy collectors fair, the centre is just of the M40, Junction 12 and the postcode is...CV35 0BJ.

It is on Sunday the 27th April, 2014, starting at 10.00am until 3.00pm.

Adults £3.00 (the're cheap, I'll have a couple of those, preferably female).

I expect there to be plenty of parking and decent refreshments.

The Heritage Centre is the home for all things British when it comes to Cars and motoring in general, so if you don't enjoy yourself at the Toy Fair, spend the rest of the day in the museum.

I am hoping to make it there myself and I may be wearing my old 'VBD' sticker, so if I do and you spot me....say Hello, don't just run away, I'm not really that bad!

Ghosty.
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

I went to Brentwood toy fair this morning, As arranged I met Gary Galvin but no sign of Fixer, I guess his missus would not let him out to play.
Bumped in to Graham (Rockertron) and his mate Paul? Kevin? (I am hopeless at remembering names since the stroke fairy came to visit so please don't be offended) The 4 of us went for a coffee and a nice Moko Lesney chat despite Graham trying to steer the conversation to football and his hatred of West Ham U.
And who should I bump into having last seen him in Alburquerque in 2004. No less than Christian Falkensteiner himself. He was on his last day of toy fair and motor museum tour before heading back to Austria tonight, It was great to see him again.
Toys, Well as soon as I entered the hall I found a large scale Benbros crawler and two early Lesney Milk Float crates which are now in Gary's collection, Then I found a Major pack Bedford artic Davis Tyres, I have been looking for one of these for some time as I have a GPW version with only one back door, This was also a GPW with one back door but it was only the door that I need so I bought it for £3.50.
Then I found a Crescent Scammell Scarab articulated petrol tanker, Its in playworn condition but ripe for repainting and I have been looking for one for ages and £17 was a reasonable price so into the bag it went. No lesneys at all but it was a good day nevertheless.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Dear Misterpop, I invite you to the Toy Fair on Sunday the 27th April, 2014, at the Gaydon Heratage Centre.

If you do come along, I will bring my Rolls-Royce so we can complete an earlier invitation for you to have a ride in it.

Let me know by Private Message as soon as you can, cheers.

Ghosty.
fixer

Post by fixer »

Nick sorry to have missed you, I also met and had a short chat with Graham who had a very nice prepro #45 BMW in metallic green black interior and incomplete date on the base
Was Christian the tall chap wearing the brown jacket as I was looking at a large collection of boxed sf next to someone like this with a Germanic (is there such a word) accent
Found a few bits but nothing special
reg
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

Hi Reg.
I'm not sure what jacket Christian was wearing but yes he is tall but slended with a receding hairline and he was carrying a large black bag, I would think if he had a Germanic accent and was meticulously studying a heap of superfasts you can be pretty sure it was him.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
fixer

Post by fixer »

Yes Nick it was him then, it would have been nice to have shared a coffee with you all catch up with you sometime soon
reg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Anyone going to the Hoddesdon toy and train fair, Wednesday evening, 30th April, 2014.

I know this is on "Johnboy's" doorstep, so hopefully he will be there as I am intending to go myself from Luton.

It takes place at the Sheredes School, Cock Lane, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, EN11 8JY.

Starts at 7pm until 9pm, Adults £1.

Ghosty.