When Matchbox sunk to their lowest

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
Wolfie Ginsburg

When Matchbox sunk to their lowest

Post by Wolfie Ginsburg »

Guys

Were these ever issued in individual blisters? I know their MAN numbers, but I bought them in plastic bags

I don't recall seeing them for sale individually at the time. What were their 1-75 numbers?

Everyone was searching for the MB640 Go-roller at the time!!

I collect Matchbox Toys - big and small

motorman

Re: When Matchbox sunk to their lowest

Post by motorman »

OMG WTF!!!!!!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Makes those Bulgarian models more pleasing now Alex!!!

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Stop trying to light my fuse Kev.
MOTORMAN

Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Looks like you are missing the Rotwheeler.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Wolfie Ginsburg

Post by Wolfie Ginsburg »

My Rotty is safely in his blister

It's this lot I just am not sure about
I collect Matchbox Toys - big and small

Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Pretty sure they all came on a blister card in the USA
motorman

Post by motorman »

Wolfie,

I still have that industrial pulper on hire and i have just finished pulping the latest batch of bulgarian abominations so if you want me to do you a favour and eliminate these autrocities I will gladly oblige.........no charge of course.

Consider it a favour to Matchboxkind!!
MOTORMAN

David Tilley

Post by David Tilley »

They were actually skipped in USA. These are 4 of the last 6 models that were due to be released from the Ultra Heroes in 2004. The last batch of 6 models were only ever released in one batch, the last of 2004. The first batch of 2005 dropped all Ultra Hero models immediately. However, 5 of the 6 were long card exclusives, with the Go Rolla the only one also released on ROW short card. USA itself actually skipped that batch and moved from the second to last of 2004 straight to the first of 2005. Therefore people in USA were pretty much out of the loop on these ones. The only way for those to collect them were to get them from the 20-pack which did have some of them included as duplicates of the basic range were included in 20-packs.

However, although it is commonly known as the US range, long cards were available in the whole of the Americas as well as parts of Australia and the far east. Canada did receive that batch, but mine were sent to me from Australia. They were all in long card blisters when I got mine. So yes, they could be found in long card blisters, but oddly not the US-specific long card blisters. Canada, Australia and far east have a slightly different multi-lingual blistercard to USA. In USA, the blisters have a single language write-up.

Top left is MB25 Space Buggy.
Top right is MB20 Jumbo Sweeper.
Bottom left is MB8 Q.B. Roller.
Bottom right is MB24 Huski Patrol.

As far as I remember, the 5th model from that batch was MB7 Milk Moo-ver, although I am going off memory here.

Remember these were all based on the US long card numbering system, as they had 30 Ultra Heroes compared to only 15 on ROW short card.

:) :D :P
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Now, here's an answer I trust!
David Tilley wrote:They were actually skipped in USA. These are 4 of the last 6 models that were due to be released from the Ultra Heroes in 2004. The last batch of 6 models were only ever released in one batch, the last of 2004. The first batch of 2005 dropped all Ultra Hero models immediately. However, 5 of the 6 were long card exclusives, with the Go Rolla the only one also released on ROW short card. USA itself actually skipped that batch and moved from the second to last of 2004 straight to the first of 2005. Therefore people in USA were pretty much out of the loop on these ones. The only way for those to collect them were to get them from the 20-pack which did have some of them included as duplicates of the basic range were included in 20-packs.

However, although it is commonly known as the US range, long cards were available in the whole of the Americas as well as parts of Australia and the far east. Canada did receive that batch, but mine were sent to me from Australia. They were all in long card blisters when I got mine. So yes, they could be found in long card blisters, but oddly not the US-specific long card blisters. Canada, Australia and far east have a slightly different multi-lingual blistercard to USA. In USA, the blisters have a single language write-up.

Top left is MB25 Space Buggy.
Top right is MB20 Jumbo Sweeper.
Bottom left is MB8 Q.B. Roller.
Bottom right is MB24 Huski Patrol.

As far as I remember, the 5th model from that batch was MB7 Milk Moo-ver, although I am going off memory here.

Remember these were all based on the US long card numbering system, as they had 30 Ultra Heroes compared to only 15 on ROW short card.

:) :D :P