The Reason

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
nearlymint

Re: The Reason

Post by nearlymint »

Keep it coming George. Look forward to all your pictures and threads. J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
zBret

Post by zBret »

George,
Myself, I enjoy your " casting show" posts very much and I think the overwhelming consensus... is that many others do as well. I always look forward to seeing your fine pictures of the various models. They are very interesting and most helpful to me. I encourage you to continue and to keep posting more.
Regards, zBret
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Best to judge posts from the number of views not the number of replies - keep up the good work,nobody should be upset by emails from Mark.......
Lrrp59

Post by Lrrp59 »

Glad to see your back George. You have been missed.

Jeff
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

here another vote to keep posting pics George! ive learned a lot from looking at the pics everyone posts there!
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

Idris wrote:George, I'm sure I speak for everyone on this site when I say that your posts and your structured photogallery area of the RW 1-75s are much appreciated contributions to this Forum.
If this collector you speak of doesn't have the courage of his convictions to come out in the open and allow his opinions to be debated in public, then he is not worth bothering with and should be ignored (not to mention blocking his e-mail address).
I disagree with Idris in that I would not block this man's E Mails and ignore him, I would publish his address here so that we Forum members may contact him with OUR opinions of HIS DREADFUL CONDUCT. I will decline to lower myself to that man's level by commenting on him any further.
Your casting shows have given other members not only the opportunity to enjoy your excellent collection, boxes and variations, but to proudly share their own models and boxes here with us also. We all are learning together here thanks to your excellent posts George, and I sense this man is jealous and certainly not a member here. He may possibly be one of the many FAKERS we have exposed on this Forum for who they really are. I agree with all the above Posts George, and our Thanks are all heartfelt. Dick
MatchboxFreak

Post by MatchboxFreak »

George, as you can see from all the posts above.... We miss your posts.

As Mick sms88 noted above, look at how many views your posts have gotten rather than focusing on he comments of some troll.

If Nick's website is the encyclopedia of (RW) Lesney then your RW page is the condensed version. There is value to both he in depth, detailed reference and the quick, concise reference. Plus members can post their models on your page too. The format of your posts is well organized and consistent.

If someone is not interested or finds them redundant, then they can ignore them.

In the meantime, the rest of us find your posts enjoyable and useful. We hope you carry on.

a fan
Kurt
Happy hunting!
Kurt
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

George, you can't let one bad apple get you down. I can't imagine any real collector that would write such nonsense. It was probably Mark Curtis attempting some nasty trick to get you to come back to his dysfunctional and rapidly sinking ship.

At any rate, I for one, would love if you expanded the series you do and include even more pics and different views/angles of the models. Please don't stop posting the series.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Taniwha

Post by Taniwha »

George,

Already a heap of supporting replies on this thread, and here is another. Your knowledge and wisdom is highly valued here. Your casting show posts are superb, and we are privileged to be able to see the photos you post of your wonderful collection. I also enjoy occasionally contributing to the casting show threads.

Big thumbs up George - bring the casting show back!

I'd also like to see regular updates in the SF casting show too - that seems to have stalled of late.

Cheers,
Gavin
Faceless Bureaucrats have feelings too...
Dr Jazz

Post by Dr Jazz »

There are always haters and envious people who should just be ignored, Im with the rest of the forum!! Your photos are 1. class and just as an example the shade differens seen on the 27c Cadillacs are always an eye opener. I dont have the opportunity to do so. There for I always use the casting show. In fact I think Nick should put a picture under each model from George where all shades can be seen together in one picture.

Please keep them coming George ;)