field car grey tyres

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
fixer

field car grey tyres

Post by fixer »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matchbox-Regu ... 4012&rt=nc
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matchbox-18-F ... 1c3cdbfb7c
as you can guess I'm going through ebay tonight just seen these two grey tyres on one :?: a first for me
and green wheels and black base on the other I thought they had an unpainted base
reg
tjlglass

Re: field car grey tyres

Post by tjlglass »

Grey tractor tyres ?
fixer

Post by fixer »

hadn't thought of that, would they fit :?:
reg
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

Yes, these gray front Tractor tires with their straight treads running around their outer diameter look funny on this Field Car. They obviously do fit the stock wheels, but they look plain ugly in grey. Yuck.... I never realized this Field Car used this style tread design before tonight, but now I also think they are on the 72 Jeep, the 61 Alvis, and maybe more. We could make up some other 'rare' Lesneys with these GPWs. LOL
The Field Car with rare green wheels has always been seen with an unpainted base, but Nick does list a few as being made with the early black painted base also. That is a rare 'new' variation (To Me) that I would want to hold in my hand to buy unless I knew the Seller and/or the provenance of the toy. The pictures look good, but not detailed enough on the axle ends to verify as authentic Lesney. Thanks for the links Fixer. kwakers
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

kwakers wrote:Yes, these gray front Tractor tires with their straight treads running around their outer diameter look funny on this Field Car. They obviously do fit the stock wheels, but they look plain ugly in grey. Yuck.... I never realized this Field Car used this style tread design before tonight, but now I also think they are on the 72 Jeep, the 61 Alvis, and maybe more. We could make up some other 'rare' Lesneys with these GPWs. LOL
Those tires are off the JD tractor or trailer. They will fit the Alvis but are too small for the Jeep (will also fit the Ford tractor front hubs and hay trailer hubs as well as some king size). These tires are not original to the Field Car and since anyone can make one is seconds ... only a fool would pay a premium for such a model.

kwakers wrote:The Field Car with rare green wheels has always been seen with an unpainted base, but Nick does list a few as being made with the early black painted base also. That is a rare 'new' variation (To Me) that I would want to hold in my hand to buy unless I knew the Seller and/or the provenance of the toy. The pictures look good, but not detailed enough on the axle ends to verify as authentic Lesney. Thanks for the links Fixer. kwakers
Black base and green hubs is a known variation and enough genuine ones are around to deserve assigning them a code. As always, a green hub Field Car must pass a serious micro inspection of both the hubs and the axle ends.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
scmcollection

Post by scmcollection »

I have never seen an authentic example of the Field Car with green hubs, I have seen many of them (over 20) including only one chipped example which was obviously not original (sold at Vectis over 18 years ago).

Might I add with respect, anybody who splashes the £115 pounds for the grey tyre Field Car will certainly need their head feeling.
Dr Jazz

Post by Dr Jazz »

hahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: grey tires is a joke!!