The Reason

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
kerbside

The Reason

Post by kerbside »

Hello all, thank you for the posts about missing my posts on the Diecast #, some time back I had a derogatory email from a collector who must have got my email address from the MCCH site.
Among other remarks he said that by the number of reply posts to my Diecast section I was wasteing my time as every thing I posted could be seen on Nicks variation site, and as for starting from #1 all over again was even more less interesting.
I did not recognize the sender, but he must look in at this site with-out joining up.

How picky some collectors can get, these sort of people can ruin a good thing for other collectors (pity) :( :( :(

George T.
Idris
Site Admin

Re: The Reason

Post by Idris »

George, I'm sure I speak for everyone on this site when I say that your posts and your structured photogallery area of the RW 1-75s are much appreciated contributions to this Forum.
If this collector you speak of doesn't have the courage of his convictions to come out in the open and allow his opinions to be debated in public, then he is not worth bothering with and should be ignored (not to mention blocking his e-mail address).
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Hugh is absolutely right. You photos George are a joy to look at and they're a fantastic reference material. Anonymous trolls get everywhere, sad, but a fact of life. Please don't let that epsiode stop you sharing your brilliant collection with those who appreciate it.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
Martin Avis

Post by Martin Avis »

I don't have anything more to add to what Hugh and Johnboy have said, but it is important, I feel, to post anyway. Your contributions, George, are hugely appreciated by me, and I'm sure, most members here.

I would just add that the number of replies are irrelevant because your casting shows are not generally asking for debate - they are an incredibly useful resource.

Martin
gpwcollector

Post by gpwcollector »

George, I'm right there with the rest of them...Keep on posting...in fact If I were you I would start again with the No. 1 ;) because there's no old threads to go back and check or just admire your collection :D
Dave
So. Cal. USA.
mike

Post by mike »

George, please keep going.
We love your posts.
:D Mike & Nico :D
Mike & Nico from Austria.
Viewfield

Post by Viewfield »

George,
I greatly appreciate your post, especially the photos. They always remind me of the time I visited you and could see your super collection "live". Please keep the posts coming :D

Rod
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

We are all entitled to our own opinion I guess, But I called the forum GEORGES 1-75 regular wheels casting show for a reason, The reason being you not only have a first class collection to show off but you also have the enthusiasm to keep posting week after week, And for that I am grateful George, Don't let ANYONE rain on your parade.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
motorman

Post by motorman »

Your posts are very highly valued George.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
matchboxtom

Post by matchboxtom »

And when you get to number 75 start over with 1 again. :-)