K16 Dodge in Bronner Display

Lesney Matchbox Accessory packs, Major packs, King-Size & Superkings
Ewan

K16 Dodge in Bronner Display

Post by Ewan »

I was looking through my 40 years book last night, as I still do pretty much every night, and noticed that the K16 Dodge which is pictured at the top of a Bronner King Size display is painted differently to standard. The photo is in black and white, and I would say that the tipping bodies are in the same light colour as the tractor front wings/fenders and bonnet/hood. Could someone tell me what the colours were, or better still show a colour photo? Does it still survive - I've seen various comments in the RW 1-75 threads about Bronner displays showing 'odd' models but hadn't noticed any on King Size before.
matchboxrw

Re: K16 Dodge in Bronner Display

Post by matchboxrw »

This is a photo of the K16 on a display: http://www.regularwheel.com/p777757299/ ... #h6b60664d

I hope this is what you were asking about.
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

Afraid not - must say that's a fine display you have there though :D

The one I'm on about is one of these (card?) dealer displays, I would say it dates from late 65/early 66 as the K16 and the Hatra are the newest models and there is no sign of the 'transferred' Majors. At the top of the display is a K16 painted as I've described, not a picture but an actual model.
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

The photo in the book is of the same display as your last link. I'm sure that the K16 in the top space is not in a standard paint scheme.
matchboxrw

Post by matchboxrw »

What page in the 40 years book is the display on?
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

Page 216 :D
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

It is difficult to be sure as the photo reproduction isn't the best, but I'd say there is a possibility it has silver/metal hubs too. Surely someone knows what colour it was/hopefully still is?
Wolfie Ginsburg

Post by Wolfie Ginsburg »

Although I wrote that chapter of the book and all the King Size and SuperKing models illustrated are from my collection Kevin and Stewart procured that photo of the Bronner display

I agree tat it looks like the Dodge has metal wheels - as most of the models in the display also have

Who knows what happened to the truck? It may be out there
I collect Matchbox Toys - big and small

matchboxrw

Post by matchboxrw »

There is a better image in the 1966 Dealer Catalog: http://www.regularwheel.com/p791524957/ ... #h1c238eda