My Superfast Favorite

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
SMS88

Re: My Superfast Favorite

Post by SMS88 »

motorman wrote:
SMS88 wrote:All very fine,its so hard to pick a personal favourite but of these shown here the green Berlinetta is the one that I would most like to own :)
I am determined to get one this year Mick with luck!

Mick do you know if the green SF berlinetta has ever been seen with a silver grill?
Yes it has, and sealed in a US blisterpack too if I recall correctly. The #25 Cortina GT is my favourite SF casting of all time....
David Tilley

Post by David Tilley »

Mine is the Porsche 911 Turbo from 1978. It is by far the biggest collection I currently have of an individual model. I have lost count on how many I now own, although I will know in about 3 weeks. I am currently amalgamating my collection as we speak. I picked up 66x 48-car cases-worth of new additions to my collection over the last 5 years. All my models are supposed to be sorted by casting, but I got lazy. All the new stuff just kept getting piled up. I fill a case, get a new case. And now I find I have 66 of these cases all filled with random models in no order at all. So I am currently working my way through these cases (I have 38 cases left to sort) and plan to finish in 2 weeks. I have the third week of March booked off work to then amalgamate these cars into the main collection. I think it is looking to be a solid week of work there. There are the best part of 11,000 models in the main collection to move these 3,000 odd new additions into. There is going to be a lot of sorting, cars piled up on the floor and mess involved as I work through them all. But it will be fun too. At that time I will then know exactly how big my Porsche Turbo count has reached. I have noticed quite a few random Porsche Turbos sprinkled through the new addition stuff.

:) :D :P
motorman

Post by motorman »

SMS88 wrote:
motorman wrote:
SMS88 wrote:All very fine,its so hard to pick a personal favourite but of these shown here the green Berlinetta is the one that I would most like to own :)
I am determined to get one this year Mick with luck!

Mick do you know if the green SF berlinetta has ever been seen with a silver grill?
Yes it has, and sealed in a US blisterpack too if I recall correctly. The #25 Cortina GT is my favourite SF casting of all time....
Yes Mick, something in the back of my mind is telling me that there may have been an image of the blistered model on the original forum. I may be wrong but i am sure me recollection may be correct. It would be great to see an image of it again on this forum.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

[quote="motorman]
Mick do you know if the green SF berlinetta has ever been seen with a silver grill?[/quote]

Yes it has, and sealed in a US blisterpack too if I recall correctly. The #25 Cortina GT is my favourite SF casting of all time....[/quote]

Yes Mick, something in the back of my mind is telling me that there may have been an image of the blistered model on the original forum. I may be wrong but i am sure me recollection may be correct. It would be great to see an image of it again on this forum.[/quote]

mm, I'm interested in this because the 75b's are one of my favourites both rw and sf. But I've been trying to recall the discussion and I can't. I do recall a carded #22 with mask sprayed silver trim, but that's no help :lol:
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

just had a look through my photo collection - unfortunately I havent saved any photos from Nick´s old forum, wasnt expecting the archive to vanish :geek:
Attachments
MIB019.jpg
MIB019.jpg (104.05 KiB) Viewed 544 times
DSCN1907.jpg
DSCN1907.jpg (131.3 KiB) Viewed 544 times
a3dc_1_sbl.jpg
a3dc_1_sbl.jpg (20.47 KiB) Viewed 544 times
a22e_1_sbl.jpg
a22e_1_sbl.jpg (20.58 KiB) Viewed 544 times
gpwcollector

Post by gpwcollector »

Hi all, great topic. I just started collecting SF and only have 2 out of the 2 I have my favorite is the #22 deep purple Pontiac. But my all time favorite is the same as mbox75 BTW I downloaded the pic of yours ;)
SF22DP.jpg
SF22DP.jpg (62.44 KiB) Viewed 520 times
This one...#75 in green will be the next one on the list and with any luck I will have it before 2015 ;)
SF75.jpg
SF75.jpg (39.06 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Dave
So. Cal. USA.
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

The Ferrari is a great model, I have a couple but the shade of green is slightly different between them.
75.jpg (60.07 KiB) Viewed 508 times
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

I'm doubly green with envy :mrgreen: very nice indeed Jason.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
motorman

Post by motorman »

johnboy wrote:I'm doubly green with envy :mrgreen: very nice indeed Jason.
Me too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
gpwcollector

Post by gpwcollector »

Hi all, OK so I got my favorite Superfast!!! :D :D :D
MyfavoriteSF.jpg
MyfavoriteSF.jpg (70.53 KiB) Viewed 488 times
Now I have a question for you SF guys??? as I'm new to this :oops: When I opened the box and looked over my new model I was thinking there was something wrong with it. I thought why would someone cut the tow hook off (again I'm new to the SF collecting) So I did some looking around and figured out that all was OK...So the question is why/when did this No.75SF not have a tow hook and did any SF come with a tow hook???

Thanks for the help :oops:
Dave
So. Cal. USA.