59d Porsche 928

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
mbox75

59d Porsche 928

Post by mbox75 »

Hi Everyone

I think this gold colored variant is difficult to find instead of the normal brown version. What do you think?

Cheers Mathias
SITE ADMIN WARNING: ANY PRE-PRODUCTION MODELS PICTURED IN THIS POST BY MBOX75 MAY BE FAKES!
vetrad

Re: 59d Porsche 928

Post by vetrad »

I think it is harder to find, but not rare. This color is what I think some of the guides refer to as 'metallic cinnamon' color.

-David
Taniwha

Post by Taniwha »

Is it a genuine different colour, or a missing layer of undercoat or something like that? It's not one I've ever noticed, I must say, so another colour to look for in this one just when I thought I had them all!

Cheers,
Gavin
Faceless Bureaucrats have feelings too...
David Tilley

Post by David Tilley »

There are a lot of combinations to this particular brown Porsche 928. I did not realize just how many there were until the first time I visited with Charlie Mack. As he displays his on the walls in magic boxes, you simply get a run from floor to ceiling of spaces to put cars in. He had pretty much an entire column dedicated to this one model. I was shocked at just how many variations there are to it. From shades of brown/gold, into interior variations, windows etc. There was just so much to go for. I think I may have similar shades in my collection, although as things are a little messy at the moment, I will know for sure in a few weeks.

:) :D :P
mbox75

Post by mbox75 »

Hi Everyone

here all my brown Variants.

Cheers Mathias
SITE ADMIN WARNING: ANY PRE-PRODUCTION MODELS PICTURED IN THIS POST BY MBOX75 MAY BE FAKES!